OT- Anyone have a Taylors Spencer carbine???

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

OT- Anyone have a Taylors Spencer carbine???

Post by Mich Hunter »

I have the chance to trade for one for a very decent price. It is in 45 Schofield and had only a couple rounds fired. The Spencer has always intrigued me and would be a great little shooter in my opinion. I have had a few Taylor products and have been happy with all of them. I would rather have the 56-50 but I suppose the 45 Schofield will work. Has anyone shot one of these?? If so what was your impressions?
Ysabel Kid

Re: OT- Anyone have a Taylors Spencer carbine???

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I have one in .44 Russian. Wasn't my first choice of calibers, but I got it at a good price so couldn't resist. It is a hoot to shoot! Pretty darn accurate too. It takes a bit to get used to the feeding mechanism, and cocking the hammer after working the lever (especially when you are used to "traditional" lever-actions), but that is part of the fun of it! :D
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I had one in .56-50 and still would if I hadn't needed the money more. A hoot to shoot, easy to reload for. A friend in Montana has used his to bag two whitetails. That said, I just wouldn't be interested in one in any other caliber. Lots more info on these guns at the CAS City Spencer forum, by the way.

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Look at that picture? How could you resist Mich hunter??? :D What's not to love about it? It's a levergun to boot!!! :D :D :D