OT - .45 Colt Anaconda

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
John F.
Levergunner

OT - .45 Colt Anaconda

Post by John F. »

Anyone had experience with these? Are they apt to be accurate? Do they have issues w/ throat dimensions, etc.? The 4" version is out of the question pricewise, but sometimes I see 6 inch models at decent prices.

John in Maine
wileyj
Levergunner

Post by wileyj »

If you are looking for a DA revolver in .45Colt, Ruger just announced a 4" barrel RedHawk in .45 as a cousin the the same in .44M
List around $800 but on GunBroker around $600-650.
..wiley
Houston, TX
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

MY COLT ANACONDA 45 WAS THE MOST TRACTABLE 45 I HAVE EVER SEEN. IT SHOT EVERYTHING WELL FROM SWAGED TO CAST TO JACKETED BULLETS IN EVERY WEIGHT I TESTED AND ALL OF 'EM HIT THE SAME POI, DEAD CENTER. I NEVER EVEN HAD TO ADJUST THE FACTORY SIGHTS AS THEY WERE DEAD ON THE MONEY FROM THE GITTGO.
YEP, SOLD THAT SIXGUN.....WHAT IN THE FLYING HELL WAS I THINKING THAT DAY ????
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Terry Murbach wrote:MY COLT ANACONDA 45 WAS THE MOST TRACTABLE 45 I HAVE EVER SEEN. IT SHOT EVERYTHING WELL FROM SWAGED TO CAST TO JACKETED BULLETS IN EVERY WEIGHT I TESTED AND ALL OF 'EM HIT THE SAME POI, DEAD CENTER. I NEVER EVEN HAD TO ADJUST THE FACTORY SIGHTS AS THEY WERE DEAD ON THE MONEY FROM THE GITTGO.
YEP, SOLD THAT SIXGUN.....WHAT IN THE FLYING HELL WAS I THINKING THAT DAY ????
I've wanted a .45 Colt Anaconda since I first read about them. Never had the $$$$$$.$$ to get one. Closest I could come was my S&W 25-5.

Terry, you just had a good old fashioned brain fanny burp. It backfired through your senses and fouled the contact points. It happens to all of us ..... :oops:

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

I have one in .44 and it's VERY accurate. The factory grips weren't very good, a set of Pachmyr's solved that problem nicely. 8)
Have you hugged your rifle today?
trapper45
Levergunner 1.0

Post by trapper45 »

Bought one a few years back ('92) in Alaska. Replaced the rubber grips with Hogue Monogrip of Philippine ironwood (packing said it was for King Cobra, but it fit the Anaconda just fine). Sights (6" barrel) were right on from the factory, and the trigger is the best out-of-the box I've got. Never shot any Plus-P loads in it, but it loves Winchester Silvertips and my home-grown 250-255gr lead over 8.5gr of Unique. It's definitely a keeper.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

This one (44 mag.) shoots 3-4" at 100 meters with keith lead. I don't like it though as I am a traditional single action/iron sight kind of guy. Its a safe queen-------Sixgun

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Like claybob86 I have one in .44, it is accurate and will swallow anything I feed it, real fun to shoot.
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

We all do dumb things. I traded my 6 inch, 44 Anaconda. A buddy has it. I'll trade something back one of these days. When I get it back I will surely keep it.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Holy Geez, I didn't know they even MADE these in 45 Colt. Great, just great. Now I may have to find one. Thanks guys! :evil: :)

-Tutt
Timothy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Timothy »

I think the anaconda would be one of the best guns colt could bring back if they wanted. Note I say if they wanted.