OT - HOW MANY CCW CARRY MORE THAN ONE?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
northwoods
Levergunner 1.0

OT - HOW MANY CCW CARRY MORE THAN ONE?

Post by northwoods »

Or are you limited to one carry piece ony?
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

When I was working in Law Enforcement, I always carried a Glock 27 and a NAA Mini .22mag off duty and also as a backup for my Glock 22.
OD*
Member Emeritus

Post by OD* »

Two is one, one is none. :wink:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Don't recall a limit on the number for my SC permit... I haven't carry more than one while living in the south - carrying the one concealed can often be a challenge. When I lived up north though there were times... :wink:
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

Since they won't let me walk around town with a short Lever, here is one favorite combo that still works well.

John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
jbm1968
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jbm1968 »

When I had my permit, I backed up my .45 with a knife and my boots (for running away!!!) Given the option I would carry a .38 snub. I always carry given the option and am a true believer in self reliance, still, I would rethink my plans if I thought I should carry a backup to my carry gun (just to inconvenient for most of us). Of course, that does not apply to LE/security professionals and in the military we typically carry the sidearm as the backup or it is carried by Soldiers not likely to ever have to use it.
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

I handled a Smith "Airweight" .38 the other day and was surprised at how little it weighed. I carry a .38 regularly, and if I ever thought I'd need a backup I'd consider that Airweight in an ankle holster.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Washington State has no limit on the number you can carry. I carry one religiously, two if I think I'm going somewhere saucie. As a general rule I carry the same when I'm on duty (plain clothes). But if the situation warrants it I'll have my full size primary, my 649 in 357 for a BUG and my Rock River Arms LAR-15. And if that isn't enough.... :twisted:
Old Law Dawg
ScottT
Shootist

Post by ScottT »

I had a guy on another board who talked about carrying three Smith J frams.

Now, I don't personally care if someone wants to carry an arsenal with him. But I could see a place where someone had multiple guns on him and he would be looked at like some paranoid taxi driver on a mission.

Gotta be careful about this. One gun and a small backup piece, I doubt that you would ever have trouble. But three might be a little much.

I personally don't now. But when I was a cop, I did carry an extra concealed gun on me in addition to my duty gun.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Usually/depends on clothing.

My NAA Guardian .32 is my "other wallet"...

C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Oz n bolivia
Levergunner

Post by Oz n bolivia »

Old Iron sights that I like. I was on their web site yesterday and did not see that holster. Could be I was just not seeing well, or it could be I was looking at revolvers.

Oz
Remaining a curious student throughout life renders one’s life interesting and progressive.
Robert Smyth
He stated that the way I feel.
Knowledge is all we do, see, touch, hear, read. What we do with that knowledge shows our wisdom.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Oz n bolivia wrote:Old Iron sights that I like. I was on their web site yesterday and did not see that holster. Could be I was just not seeing well, or it could be I was looking at revolvers.

Oz
That is a Hedley holster - but IIRC Mr. Hedley is about 80 now and is no longer taking orders. That is a 1st gen Guardian and the Holster came with it/was sold by NAA while they were available.

Links for reference:

http://www.naaminis.com/rjh.html

http://www.hedleyholsters.com/
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

I routinely carry two; an SP101 snubby, and another equal or bigger, usually bigger. It is not unusual for me to have a third firearm with me, but not necessarily on my person. Texas CHL law has no limit, and it is not necessary to list a weapon with the state, or anyone else. I carry on my peace officer badge, however, not a CHL. I can carry any weapon legally, according to the penal code, though if I use any firearm for peace officer purposes, I need to qual with it on my agency's qual course. When I retire, I will probably carry fewer firearms, and will lose the ability to carry clubs, tomahawks, and nuclear weapons.
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.