winchester/browning 1886's

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gary rice
Levergunner 2.0

winchester/browning 1886's

Post by gary rice »

speaking of these newer rifles, who are these rifles released to for sale? the only ones i see are usually on the online auction sites occasionally. or does japan even produce them anymore?
g rice
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

I do believe the rifles are still in production. I do not know what distributor(s) is/are supplying the rifles. I have seen them new on dealers shelves. I bought a new 86 .45-70 Standard Sporting Rifle back in March. These rifles in various configurations show up on this forum with a degree of regularity so be ready to strike when the opportunity arises. You sir have good taste! I am sure a forum member will chime in soon and tell us the story. 1886
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

go to Davidson's Gallery of Guns. It may be possible that the 1886 deluxe 1/2 round 1/2 octogon with takedown feature are still available. They are 1 of 500 so you need to move fast.

I got one of the deluxe, takedowns in 26"octogon in 45/70 and it is beautiful!
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

I saw a new 86 Standard Rifle .45-70 26" heavy, octagon barrel for sale today $1350.00 approx. If you are interested, P.M. me and I will give you the shop info. 1886.
user45
Levergunner

Post by user45 »

Available by Davidson Inc., and are limited to 500 peices a year. Some are allocated to salesman for offer to their prefered dealers (like myself) while some years, when they don't sell well are open to any dealer with an account.

Here are pictures of my two takedown models. I also have the 45-90BP and a 45-70 solid frame of the LTD series. The current model is the DLX 1/2 RND/OC. The DLX Octagon is sold out. I talked to my Davidson sales rep last week and was told the next in the series will be announced to dealers sometime this month. The John Wayne's are also still available as well as the 1885's in various calibers and the 1895 Carbine in 30-40 Krag

I haven't decided if I'm going to get the 1/2 RND/OCT LTD yet, waiting to see what comes out next. I'm just not keen on the barrel.

None of them are safe queens, I've shot them all.

I had the DLX out on New Years Day.

Also enjoy shooting non-lever guns :D

Feel free to email if you have any questions: sales @ hallmarksmallarms.com (remove spaces on either side of the @ symbol)

:)
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Hey, I know that range.

BTW, need that aluminum tele-stock afore they are all gone. PM or e-mail me... :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
user45
Levergunner

Post by user45 »

Hobie wrote:Hey, I know that range.

BTW, need that aluminum tele-stock afore they are all gone. PM or e-mail me... :wink:
PM inbound!

We have to hook up at Hite Hollow before I blow my ammo budget for the year! :lol:
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

The Browning 1886's where a limited edition.
Does anyone know the years and numbers produced for the SRC?
I have the SRC and believe it was made in 1992 but am not positive. Tried to find the information on line but not having any luck with the SRC.

Here is what I found about the rifles.
In 1986 Browning brought forth the Browning Centennial, a commemorative of the Browning-designed Winchester. A nine-shot .45-70 with a 26" octagonal barrel, the Browning Centennial featured a straight grip stock, crescent shaped butt plate, buckhorn rear sight with a bead front and was offered in two versions: a standard Grade I with blued finish, and a High Grade with engraved receiver and select walnut. Total production was 7,000 of Grade I and 3,000 of the High Grade version. There were also 2,000 High Grade Montana Centennial rifles issued the same year.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... i_64259209
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
gary rice
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gary rice »

interesting article salvo, thanks.
salvo wrote:The Browning 1886's where a limited edition.
Does anyone know the years and numbers produced for the SRC?
I have the SRC and believe it was made in 1992 but am not positive. Tried to find the information on line but not having any luck with the SRC.

Here is what I found about the rifles.
In 1986 Browning brought forth the Browning Centennial, a commemorative of the Browning-designed Winchester. A nine-shot .45-70 with a 26" octagonal barrel, the Browning Centennial featured a straight grip stock, crescent shaped butt plate, buckhorn rear sight with a bead front and was offered in two versions: a standard Grade I with blued finish, and a High Grade with engraved receiver and select walnut. Total production was 7,000 of Grade I and 3,000 of the High Grade version. There were also 2,000 High Grade Montana Centennial rifles issued the same year.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... i_64259209
g rice