OT: Prayer request for captured US soldier

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

OT: Prayer request for captured US soldier

Post by C. Cash »

One of our boys was captured and is being held by the Taliban in Afghanistan. We all know what these terrorists do to our people when they get their hands on them. Lets be in some serious prayer for this lad please, that he is delivered out of the hands of the enemy and comes home safe. Thanks!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,533808,00.html
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Dave B
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT: Prayer request for captured US soldier

Post by Dave B »

Done. May he be returned to his loved ones safely.

Dave B
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Done. How the hell have I not already heard this?
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Travis Morgan wrote:Done. How the hell have I not already heard this?
:P Can't hear up in there?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

This happened a week or two ago. I've got mixed feelings on this one. The guy walked away from his unit without his flack jacket and without his weapon (rifle). What was he thinking!!!??? The pictures of him on Fox News today show him to be squeaky clean and well fed (actually eating during the filming). Looks like he wants to be there.

All of our service men and women are in my prayers everyday.
ED
Yer never too old
morgan in nm
Levergunner 3.0

Post by morgan in nm »

Modoc ED wrote:This happened a week or two ago. I've got mixed feelings on this one. The guy walked away from his unit without his flack jacket and without his weapon (rifle). What was he thinking!!!??? The pictures of him on Fox News today show him to be squeaky clean and well fed (actually eating during the filming). Looks like he wants to be there.

All of our service men and women are in my prayers everyday.
I noticed that myself. I would hate to think that an american service member would make themselves out as a crusader for an enemy but it has happened before.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

YES!
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

I'm reserving judgment on this one; it could be just what it looks like, maybe not.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Yeah there is at least some poor judgement, but beyond that it is impossible to tell. Maybe I have not heard as much as some of you. I doubt that he would defect into a Taliban infested area, knowing what they do even to their own race/religeon. He may have gotten baited into being captured. Either way, he is need of mercy from the Lord.... facing death right now and could use our prayers, I believe. Thanks fellas.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Prayers have been said right along.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

The military just had another news release and in it they repeated their statement from a week or so ago that the young soldier had left his base voluntarily with three of his Afghan friends without weapons and without his vest. They (the military) are making no accusations just putting forth some facts.

It's just a curious happenstance to me and I hope his actions were innocent and immature.

At any rate, he and all the member of the armed forces are in my prayers.
ED
Yer never too old
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

definate prayers up
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

I have some inside info on what this guy did. But, I cannot post at this time. I am sure it will come to light down the road. Even though I feel terrible for him and his family, it was his own fault for doing this. He has his own stupidity to thank. Prayers sent
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

My prayers are for him and his family. Without the facts it's hard to make any type of judgement. If he did want to defect, standby, he's now the enemy and our forces are the best in the world. If he didn't and was just stupid, I pray for him as they will eventually take him out. Either way, his family pays the ultimate price.
Old Law Dawg
papasan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by papasan »

I will most certainly keep this
soldier, and his family in mine.
My boy, Michael 22 arrived in
Afghanistan May 28th.I served 22.5
Years in the Air Force, and am very
proud of my Army soldier. Guys it`s
not easy being a Dad as a lot of
you know.But as proud of him as i am,
it`s not easy being sick with worry.

papasan
HORACE
Levergunner

Post by HORACE »

Whatever the circumstances of the American's capture, I can only hope and pray he can survive.

We lost another Australian soldier killed yesterday in Afghanistan; for a small population country such as ours, this is a loss we can ill afford.

Also, you may have heard about the Indonesian hotel bombings in Jakarta, believed to be linked to the JI group. I believe several more foreign people were killed in this atrocity including more Australians and other overseas business people. Hopefully no US people were involved.

Whatever it takes, these islamic extemest miscreants must be defeated.
Horace
shdwlkr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by shdwlkr »

I hope he is returned home and safe more for his folks, family and friends in a small town in Idaho then anything else. I don't know the real story of how he ended up in the situation he is currently in.
In this time of having a president that is clueless just makes things like this more likely to happen and more families to be morning the loss of a loved one.
I pray for all our troops American and friend a like who is currently fighting with are young people, the best in the world trained and bar non willing to die for America. Seems like every day there is more bad news from the front of this WAR and there seems to be no resolve in our Political leaders other than to line their pockets with gold and the blood of our young people.
May the good Lord watch over those who fight and die to protect us always.
In a free society the government doesn't fear its citizens
NRA Endowment member
DAV
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

HORACE wrote:Whatever the circumstances of the American's capture, I can only hope and pray he can survive.

We lost another Australian soldier killed yesterday in Afghanistan; for a small population country such as ours, this is a loss we can ill afford.

Also, you may have heard about the Indonesian hotel bombings in Jakarta, believed to be linked to the JI group. I believe several more foreign people were killed in this atrocity including more Australians and other overseas business people. Hopefully no US people were involved.

Whatever it takes, these islamic extemest miscreants must be defeated.
Amen to that Horace.

Will be in prayer for your boy as well Papasan. Going out and will continue with my addled brain to try and keep him in prayer.

Shadow Walker, I can't even imagine where the morale is among our troops with this dude and his people in office. I know our troops will do the job though and prevail, regardless. Thanks fellas.........
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Prayers up. The Islamofascists must be stopped indeed!
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

it's hard for me to believe that an american, born in raised in our lifestyle, could actually prefer their's :? i'll pray for the soldier and his family. :?:
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

papasan wrote:I will most certainly keep this
soldier, and his family in mine.
My boy, Michael 22 arrived in
Afghanistan May 28th.I served 22.5
Years in the Air Force, and am very
proud of my Army soldier. Guys it`s
not easy being a Dad as a lot of
you know.But as proud of him as i am,
it`s not easy being sick with worry.

papasan

God Bless you and yours, Sir. Indeed God Bless them all. We are all indebted to all those who serve. 1886.