OT- The rush: Letting up?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

OT- The rush: Letting up?

Post by Andrew »

I couldn't find the other thread about the buying rush subsiding but I was just on AIM Surplus and seen some promising things.

First, they have "assault" rifles again in stock. A couple M-4's and a couple ruskies at surprisingly normal prices even. They also have a few AR receivers in both 5.56 and .308 also with surprisily normal prices. They also are posting that their walk-in service will be available again starting July 1st. They had previously shut down the walk-in part of their operation because of the online stampede.

Hopefully the other marketers will be heading more towards a state of normalcy as well.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Ysabel Kid

Re: OT- The rush: Letting up?

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Saturday morning Y2K and I stopped by one of our local "candy shops" and they also had a darn good supply of most everything. Lots of guns, including various "EBR's". Lots of handguns. Good selection of ammunition, though out on most the small pistol fodder. Reloading supplies were still tapped out though.
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

No jacketed .451 bullets anywhere in Wichita, that I can find; I just bought the last four boxes! I wish to hell I could find some Gold Dots in .451/230gr., .358/158gr., and .355/90,95, or 100 gr.. I've got friends that know I reload that want me to make 'em some .380 as a favor, but I can't find the *******' bullets!
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

Travis Morgan wrote: I've got friends that know I reload that want me to make 'em some .380 as a favor, but I can't find the *******' bullets!
Check with Midway. They had some hard cast .380 last week. I didn't order any because I can't find any .380 reloading dies.

Edit. I just checked again. They are out of everything .380 except the solid copper at almost a dollar each.
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
PaulB
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaulB »

Weird that 380 popularity has spiked, what with all the little 9mm's around lately. Or are all the newbies buying Bersas and the like?
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

PaulB wrote:Weird that 380 popularity has spiked, what with all the little 9mm's around lately. Or are all the newbies buying Bersas and the like?
I don't think its that so much as that's not a typically high-volume type round like 9mm, 40S&W and 45 ACP are. And so, when the supply ran dry, they weren't very high on the manufacture's list to produce - why waste time makeing those when you can pump out and sell 9mm's as fast as your machines can run?

I think that's all there is to it - because there's also a shortage of every other similar caliber = ie: 32ACP.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

PaulB wrote:Weird that 380 popularity has spiked, what with all the little 9mm's around lately. Or are all the newbies buying Bersas and the like?
One idiot I know went out and bought one, knowing he couldn't get ammo for it, then pestered the hell out of me about it! I've considered buying a mold for it, just to shut some folks up, but I'm in no hurry.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Travis Morgan wrote:
One idiot I know went out and bought one, knowing he couldn't get ammo for it, then pestered the hell out of me about it! I've considered buying a mold for it, just to shut some folks up, but I'm in no hurry.
Thats funny ---= i have an aquaintance thats the same way. Bought one because he got a good deal on it (a Kel Tec) and calls me every other day asking if i have seen any 380 in my travels i can pick up for him

I told him he should have manned up and bought an Officers size .45 like i did ---- ammo is a little high, but i have had no probs finding loaded cartridges if i just want to waste 40 bucks or so blasting a couple of boxes of FMJ
----- Doug
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Streetstar wrote:
Travis Morgan wrote:
Thats funny ---= i have an aquaintance thats the same way. Bought one because he got a good deal on it (a Kel Tec) and calls me every other day asking if i have seen any 380 in my travels i can pick up for him

I told him he should have manned up and bought an Officers size .45 like i did ---- ammo is a little high, but i have had no probs finding loaded cartridges if i just want to waste 40 bucks or so blasting a couple of boxes of FMJ
First, there's no such thing as a good deal on a Kel-Tec or a .380, unless you happen to have someone to foist it off on at a healthy profit! I keep hearing that Bass Pro in OKC has ammo. If he gets up to Wichita at all, I know a guy in Newton that has .380 ammo for $19/box.
One of the local indoor ranges, the Bullet Stop, has it priced at $27/box, but you have to shoot it on their range. (For another $10!)
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Travis Morgan wrote:[
First, there's no such thing as a good deal on a Kel-Tec or a .380, unless you happen to have someone to foist it off on at a healthy profit! I keep hearing that Bass Pro in OKC has ammo. If he gets up to Wichita at all, I know a guy in Newton that has .380 ammo for $19/box.
One of the local indoor ranges, the Bullet Stop, has it priced at $27/box, but you have to shoot it on their range. (For another $10!)

Its funny you mention that -- my friend lives in Wichita and was mentioning the guy in Newton just a few days ago. I lived in that area 10 or so years ago and worked part time at Bullseye for a few months .
I told my buddy if he could just get 2 or 3 boxes of the mess, he would be set for life, because shooting it once or twice a year is enough for most people (tiny guns+full size cartridges== no fun)

OT: I hate to see whats happening in your town with all the aviation related layoffs -- it has affected a great deal of friends that is till keep in contact with
----- Doug
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

PEOPLE MAY HAVE ENOUGH WEAPONS,
BUT THEY WILL NEVER HAVE ENOUGH AMMO
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Streetstar wrote:
Travis Morgan wrote:[

Its funny you mention that -- my friend lives in Wichita and was mentioning the guy in Newton just a few days ago. I lived in that area 10 or so years ago and worked part time at Bullseye for a few months .
I told my buddy if he could just get 2 or 3 boxes of the mess, he would be set for life, because shooting it once or twice a year is enough for most people (tiny guns+full size cartridges== no fun)

OT: I hate to see whats happening in your town with all the aviation related layoffs -- it has affected a great deal of friends that is till keep in contact with
What a coincidence! I was RSOing for Bill last winter! Your friend wouldn't be a guy named Robert, would it?
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Local Wally World today had a bunch of bulk boxes of Winchester X-Pert .22's. First time I've seen them in stock for quite a while. They were still $12.97/box. Local gun store not 5 miles down the road had them for $33.99/box! :shock:

Still some rush though. Only two boxes of .357 Magnums (I bought one) and one large box (100-ct) of .45 ACP. Another guy bought these as we were waiting for someone to open up the case, and a third guy came in and asked for .45 ACP's while we waited - he was out of luck!
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

I'm back up here in Alabama (wally world) plenty of 9mm/45acp/40S&W/357mag/38spcl...
even had a few boxes of .25auto.

But no .380 or bulk 22lr.

Florida is still running out as soon as they get some in.
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

I was on Midway a few minutes ago hoping to find a couple of boxes of .30 carbine SP for my carbine, no luck out of stock no backorder, pretty much the same for anything .38special.

As far as .380 goes, Ruger is selling the fire out of the little LCP pistol, I know I like mine. Even lucked into a fair supply of ammo! :D
kirkwood
Levergunner 2.0

Post by kirkwood »

I don't know, but I've had .380 on backorder since January to feed my Bersa. I was promised March delivery. :roll:
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

I too bought an LCP, carry it quite nicely in my pocket. Fortunately I had about 300 rounds of .380. I was able to buy bullets and brass at semi-decent price.

2 friends also bought an LCP, so 1 of them has been over reloading them with me.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.