Redfield peep sight info

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Redfield peep sight info

Post by Streetstar »

Any of you fellas know where i can get a replacement rear peep sight similar to this? This is a Redfield and the securing plate (not sure if that is correct terminology) on the side is gone, and i cannot find a replacement in Brownells. as well, the elevation knob set screw is stripped, so i was simply wanting to replace if it was a common enough thing

----- Doug
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Redfield peep sight info

Post by jnyork »

Ebay is your best bet. Lots of Redfield sights listed, if it's not there today, just enter what you want in your "favorite searches" and they will email you when something comes up. Shouldn't take too long.
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

that sight looks like it is mostly there , it
could likely be cleaned up/repaired. the plate
you spoke of is just thin sheet metal with a
window cut out and a couple of screw holes.
the stripped threads are more of a problem ,
but a way could be found to make them grab,
peen the top of the hole slightly ? adjust and
tighten. don't give up on the old ones , that is
a nice sight still.

good luck, pokey
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
TX Gun Runner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX Gun Runner »

These are hard to find anymore . These one is not worn out and it is very tight . $125 shipped if your interested ...

Image..Image
Image......Image
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Thanks TN -- i will definitely keep it in mind --- i am currently bidding on a couple on Ebay that aren't exact, but am hoping if i win, it may give me some parts i need to fix mine ---- if not, yours is the historically correct sight for the rifle -(mid 50's Remington .22 LR military offhand trainer) -- The Williams peeps look too "new" for this one

I did some more cleaning and nothing appears to be stripped, but a set screw for the elevation knob appears to be missing along with the sheetmetal side plate --- as well as possibly some detent buttons on the main body of the sight itself

----- Doug
Dakota7
Levergunner

Post by Dakota7 »

The dent systems should include a small steel ball and spring. You should be able to rob parts form any of the model 70 redfield sight for those. When looking for one on ebay look for a Mauser or Springfield sight to rob as these sell for way less money than one that fits a Winchester or Marlin or the target models.
Dakota7
TX Gun Runner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX Gun Runner »

If you can't find the stuff on ebay . I have the parts in a shed to rebuild then . I just need to look . I'm run to doctors next week for a bunch of test . So PM in about 10 days if you don't get them .
Image..Image
Image......Image