OT: Weather affecting you

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

OT: Weather affecting you

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Was sposed to go to cabin thid weekend and do a lot of shooting and chronying. Only in the 20's in North MN. Didnt want to torture GF so am just running around MN WI and IA going to gunshops and clothing stores. Brother lives in Cheyenne and he said it was a whiteout there! How is your weather?
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
AmBraCol
Webservant

Re: OT: Weather affecting you

Post by AmBraCol »

It's a beautiful day. Temps in the low 70's. Spring has sprung just north of the Equator and just south of the Canal. :) Oh, wait! We pretty much have spring type weather year 'round! :D
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Right now the weather is mostly cloudy at about the mid 30s for temperature.

Too cold for me to go to the outdoor range but I might make the indoor range if I can force the issue.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

AmBraCol wrote:It's a beautiful day. Temps in the low 70's. Spring has sprung just north of the Equator and just south of the Canal. :) Oh, wait! We pretty much have spring type weather year 'round! :D
Where you at? I was in Garden City Beach, SC monday morning bicycling on the beach and picking up shells for the GF, it was 65F at 1000 am. Shoulda stayed xtra day but needed the 1300 mile run they gave me.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Yeah, we're still suffering from the temps, too. It never gets much above 78º these days. :lol:
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

3leggedturtle wrote:
AmBraCol wrote:It's a beautiful day. Temps in the low 70's. Spring has sprung just north of the Equator and just south of the Canal. :) Oh, wait! We pretty much have spring type weather year 'round! :D
Where you at? I was in Garden City Beach, SC monday morning bicycling on the beach and picking up shells for the GF, it was 65F at 1000 am. Shoulda stayed xtra day but needed the 1300 mile run they gave me.

Sittin' here in my office with the balcony door open. Right near the center of the capital of Coffee Country in ColOmbia S. America. :)
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

HATCHETTJACK
Levergunner 2.0

Post by HATCHETTJACK »

been raining for the past three days, supposed to get some severe thunder storms this afternoon, temps right around 60.. north carolina out
WATCH YOUR TOP KNOT
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Low thirties, heavy overcast skies here in Wisconsin...up to 8" of new snow predicted for later today. At least it is warm and not sub-zero.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:evil: It's been bad enough that I haven't felt like cranking up the V-Twin yet this year....I may try to get the oil changed on her this weekend...soon, anyway....I need to ride.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Bear 45/70

Post by Bear 45/70 »

BlaineG wrote::evil: It's been bad enough that I haven't felt like cranking up the V-Twin yet this year....I may try to get the oil changed on her this weekend...soon, anyway....I need to ride.

You Honda riders are all a bunch of Candy Pants!

The weather has been above freezing at night and into the 50s for the highs. It was nice enough on Thursday that I took the youngest daughter and her adopted sister trap shooting at the Bremerton Trap and Skeet Club then to lunch at the Bremerton Airport Cafe for fish and chips. It did start to rain last night, but no snow in the forecast for us low landers.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

BlaineG wrote::evil: It's been bad enough that I haven't felt like cranking up the V-Twin yet this year....I may try to get the oil changed on her this weekend...soon, anyway....I need to ride.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...

Age is showin' there, Blaine. When I was in college the ONLY time I didn't fire up the bike and ride was when it was so cold I couldn't even kick it over and the starter would say something like "noooooooooowaaaaayyyyy". That, as I recall, happened when it got to around 15 below. Right before the ice storm. Once it warmed up again to where the engine would crank over I took right off for a ride. A nice Missouri winter day with the ice melted off the streets and temps up in the low 30's. And as I came back towards the parking lot I laid it over because I forgot about front brakes and chat and freshly sealed asphalt and what happens when they're all combined at once. Didn't get out again until I managed to get a new set of handlebars from the local wrecking yard. Now I'm VERY careful of what I do with that front brake when conditions are wet. Anyway, quit showing your age and get out there and RIDE! :D
Paul - in Pereira

Hobie

Post by Hobie »

We finally got rain here. Need more.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

What gunshops are going to in WI?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:lol: Bear and Brother Paul...... :| Actually, I have not rode this winter as much as I have in the past....I've got about 5 good rides left in those Metzlers, and I can't seem to stop buying 1894s long enough to get new ones......I have to pay the IRS and scoot insurance, then I can get tires and I will be back in action.

Fred, I can't believe you went for Fish and Chips at the airport and didn't tell me :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

3:03 in the afternoon here and in the mid 50s, I'm looking out the window at the sunshine and believe it or not RAIN, has been on and off all day. Suposed to cool a bit tonight, but back into the 60s first of the week.
Bear 45/70

Post by Bear 45/70 »

BlaineG wrote::lol: Bear and Brother Paul...... :| Actually, I have not rode this winter as much as I have in the past....I've got about 5 good rides left in those Metzlers, and I can't seem to stop buying 1894s long enough to get new ones......I have to pay the IRS and scoot insurance, then I can get tires and I will be back in action.

Fred, I can't believe you went for Fish and Chips at the airport and didn't tell me :evil:

To make it worse SWMBO came up and ate with us and it was a Thursday. Image Oh and last Sunday we went to the Sunday Breakfast Buffet too.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Mid 30's here and rain. Supposed to change over to snow this evening and dump up to 5 inches on us. If it does, it will be the only snow we've seen all season. We've had a really cold winter, but unusually dry.
NRA Life Member