HUMOR: "Why didn't we have a drug problem back when…???”

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

HUMOR: "Why didn't we have a drug problem back when…???”

Post by Old No7 »

Wow, this sounds like the house I was raised in!!!

Bet'cha that's why I turned out OK... :wink:

Old No7

God Bless the Parents Who Drugged Us....

The other day, someone at a store in our town read that a methamphetamine lab has been found in an old farmhouse in the adjoining county and asked me a rhetorical question.

"Why didn't we have a drug problem back when you and I were growing up?"

I replied that I DID have a drug problem when I was young…

...I was drug to church on Sunday morning.

...I was drug to church for weddings and funerals.

...I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather.

...I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to any adults.

...I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the preacher. Or if I didn't put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me.

...I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profanity.

...I was drug out to pull weeds in mom's garden and flower beds and weeds out of dad's fields. I was drug to the homes of family, friends and neighbors to help out some poor soul who had no one to mow the yard, repair the clothesline, or chop some firewood, and if my mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness she would have drug me back to the woodshed.

Those drugs are still in my veins and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, or think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroin and if today's children had this kind of drug problem... Well, America sure would be a better place.

God Bless all the parents who drugged us… Amen!!!
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Ysabel Kid

Re: HUMOR: "Why didn't we have a drug problem back when…???”

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Yep, I was drugged around too! And now I'm doing the druggin' around! Just ask Y2K! :wink:
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Well heck, that explains it. I always wondered why one of my ears was longer than the other. :mrgreen:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Gun Runner
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Gun Runner »

While I was a kid, I thought they were gonna have to rename me "DUMBO"

Gun Runner
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

And now if your folks did that they would be arrested on child abuse charges. Something has gone wrong here!
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Yeah, was always drug to the woods to haul the firewood in that the old man cut. It was usually in the 5 to -10 temperatures. He always asked me i wanted to shoot and shiver, or haul wood and stay warm. Really didnt have choice in the answer!! :) and there was discusion in the matter either
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!