O/T: Tutt's Been Out Riding

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

O/T: Tutt's Been Out Riding

Post by CowboyTutt »

Hey guys, Old Savage called me last night wondering where I have been. I confess I have been rather busy with my new toy, an '09 Harley Street Bob in Dark Blue Denim. They may only make 100 of these in this color this year. I'm carefully breaking it in and just completed its first break-in oil change at 120 miles. The next one will be at about 220 miles (it was supposed to be 80 and 200 but I overshot the mark). This is using S&S motor's break-in procedure and not HD's. I've also been doing a lot of research on accessories and so far have the Reinhart 2-1 pipe, Vance and Hines Fuel Pack computer and Screaming Eagle Stage 1 intake installed. The sound is totally deep and throaty. The word, "BURLY" comes to mind! I also have a rear solo rack in black waiting to go on, a detachable winshield for touring, and am awaiting the delivery of some top-of-the-line Ohlins shocks from Sweden that are an inch longer and have adjustable compression and rebound damping to better accomidate my riding style which is brisk. I plan on progressive rate springs and fork oil for the front end and maybe some very mild cosmetic changes. I don't want to spoil the simple retro look too much. I already have some motorcycle camping trips planned over the summer. In June I'll be going to Wyoming, in July to AZ and probably the Grand Canyon and later probably up to Seattle, WA. I prefer to motorcycle camp and bring gear with me. Anyhow, that's a good part of what I have been up too. Here are some "baby pics" of what it looks like so far. I apologize for using a URL but I'm learning to post pics here using DropShots and am still figuring things out. -Tutt

http://www.dropshots.com/zoom.html?larg ... 070535.jpg

http://www.dropshots.com/zoom.html?larg ... 012849.jpg
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Re: O/T: Tutt's Been Out Riding

Post by Warhawk »

Good lookin' scooter, I'll bet that Dyna really scoots with the 96 inch motor and your mods.

I do a little riding myself, check out our site http://www.wildpelicans.net

This is mine

Give me a holler if you need any help with routes, places to stay etc in AZ or UT (or WY, MT, COL, or ID) <G>.

You might enjoy this little writeup of last year's trip out that way. http://wpwarhawk.blogspot.com/
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

OOOOOH that is NICE :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Glad to hear you are doing good and enjoying your new toy! :D

Of course, after your review of that Smith & Wesson for GunBlast, I'd have thought the HD would be bright yellow! :wink:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Andy -

Glad to hear you are doing good and enjoying your new toy! :D

Of course, after your review of that Smith & Wesson for GunBlast, I'd have thought the HD would be bright yellow! :wink:
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Warhawk, nice clean ride. I'll check out your links. I've motorcycle camped a lot in Utah but done very little in Montana. Any advice is always helpful.

I'll try taking some video today with the pipe and post a link to it. It really does sound authoritive. Alas, it does not come in bright yellow! :lol: -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

There ya go, Bro..........

Last edited by Blaine on Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I love to ride..... It's about time to change some oil and hit the road on weekends!!! 8) I took a 5500 mile ride to Ohio (from Tacoma) last summer, but alas, I've no time for that this year. Some weekend camping in the Cascades is about the best I can do this year.

You can tell that a Hardly Davidson was parked there right before me...... :P :P :P
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

All you guys with bikes need to come to daytona....
for march bike week and october fest bike week
This was my 25th bike week...and still dont have a harley...
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Sweet :D Just been looking the xb9 over and noticed Tia has chowed one of the front spindle protectors I made out of black nylon :roll:
Told her off for it but she has been bored since the end of the season, I'll get her out early tomorrow morn and then I'm of to friends to ready a bike for our trip up Scotland in May.
Got to put some tires on the xb, check wheel bearings, change oils and filter, check primery tension and fit a new drive belt for the trip north in May.
Also got to check my wifes bike too.

All good fun.

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Nice bike Tutt. Back when I was a kid, I had an old Harley that had the shifter on the side of the tank. A lot of guys called them "Suicide Bikes". It truly was a fix all week and ride on the weekends bike but I loved it. Too dang old to ride now (read really bad knees) but I always like to see bikes on the road. I'll keep an eye out for ya.

Oh, get a rifle scabbard for one of your lever actions so you can take one along with ya.
ED
Yer never too old
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Sweet Dude! When I get back out there we will have to hook up and go riding. :D

Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Well Tutt, I see you've been playing. Thats OK as the only difference between men and boys are the price of their toys. :D

No, it ain't mine, but I'm pretending it is :( Its my sons (Sixgun Jr.) when I was out in Colorado visiting him. Its a Harley Ultra. He's a chip off the old block with his toys. :D ---------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I have a street bob also, in all black with crome and gold. You will love this ride.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Blaine, thanks for posting my pics. I hope to be in WA in early August, maybe we can share a visit. JReed, I didn't know you had a bike! We will be past due for a ride when you come back to CA. Rjohns, if you have any pics of your S.B. I would love to see them!

I bought new timing and derby covers today. I will probably install them tomorrow. They are the new dark custom logo in black with the skull-topped #1 machined out. I think they will look pretty good. Don't want to get carried away and ruin the bikes looks! I've seen too many people do that. -Tutt

JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

I have been riding for ages. This bike I bought new back in 05 I got almost 20K on it now. Well it gives us pleanty of time to make plans.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

Semper Fidelis
Papa
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Papa »

Been riding mine every day this winter when there wasn't ice on the road. It's always nicer when the Mrs. can join me though....

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Tutt - here is mine - alas I put it in a drainage ditch more than 35 years ago. I cleared the ditch but there it was under water. Went or didn't went though a corner too fast.

In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Oh man, Old Savage that Honda is beautiful! That's an old Honda Dream, right? What a bummer. I bet you wish you still had it. Papa, its amazing to me how far scooters have come over the years. Looks like a nice comfortable ride with good wind protection. -Tutt

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I do wish I still had it - it is a 305 Superhawk.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Papa
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Papa »

I looked at all kinds of bikes and the 650 Burgman was the one that won out. I've had it up to 100mph, it gets over 55mpg and I've put almost 11,000k miles on it in 10 months! :mrgreen:

Even took it to the Dragon http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

The cost of fueling up my Dodge Diesel was paying for it when it was over 4.00 a gallon. 150.00 a tank on the Dodge 12.00 on the Burgie :mrgreen:

Now that prices have come down though, it only takes 4.75 to fill up... :D

I still look at rides like yours and dream, but I don't think I could ever give up the Burgman. Maybe someday I'll have both :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

heres pics of my Street Bob:

Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
steveb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by steveb »

Potato, potato, potato, potato :P Congrats on the new Dyna man! Nothing like riding and camping next to your Harley IMO. One of lifes great pleasures. I'm planning on pulling an Easyrider on my sporty this summer. Hopefully with a better end result though. :D

CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Wow guys, nice pics! I'm going to look some of you guys up as I tour around! Steve, I strongly considered the Nightster but its small gas tank I knew would be an obstacle to overcome on long trips. I also wanted a little more room to stretch out. The price point on the Street Bob is 13.5 K so it was managable as I could not have afforded one of the bigger, more deluxe Harleys. No way. My bike will be going through some changes in the next month. I'll post again when its all done.
-Tutt

CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Mike, your bike looks very comfortable with those forward foot controls. I will eventually put highway pegs on mine up front but for most of my riding I prefer the mid-mount controls. I'm sure looking forward to my first serious road trip in June. Its been a few years since I did one by motorcycle. -Tutt

dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

Tutt congratulations on getting one slick bike, Good riding.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Cool pics Steve!!! :mrgreen:

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

keep us appraised of your intentions. I'm heading to Tn in may on mine
blessings
Mike Johnson,

JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Tutt if you head out hear to Indy we will have to meet up and and put some miles on the scoots.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

Semper Fidelis