Say It's Not So

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Say It's Not So

Post by Pete44ru »

And so it begins:

http://www.carrollspaper.com/main.as...SectionID=&S=1

GUARDSMEN TO CONDUCT URBAN TRAINING AT ARCADIA IN APRIL

By BUTCH HEMAN
Staff Writer

The Carroll National Guard unit will train on urban military operations by holding a four-day exercise at Arcadia.

The purpose of the April 2-5 drill will be to gather intelligence, then search for and apprehend a suspected weapons dealer, according to Sgt. Mike Kots, readiness NCO for Alpha Company.

Citizens, law enforcement, media and other supporters will participate.

Troops will spend Thursday, April 2, staging at a forward operations base at Carroll. The next day company leaders will conduct reconnaissance and begin patrolling the streets of Arcadia to identify possible locations of the weapons dealer.

The primary phase will be done Saturday, April 4, when convoys will be deployed from Carroll to Arcadia. Pictures of the arms dealer will be shown in Arcadia, and soldiers will go door to door asking if residents have seen the suspect.

Soldiers will knock only at households that have agreed to participate in the drill, Kots noted.

"Once credible intelligence has been gathered," said Kots, "portions of the town will be road-blocked and more in-depth searches of homes and vehicles will be conducted in accordance with the residents' wishes.

"One of the techniques we use in today's political environment is cordon and knock," Kots explained. "We ask for the head of the household, get permission to search, then have them open doors and cupboards. The homeowner maintains control. We peer over their shoulder, and the soldier uses the homeowner's body language and position to protect him."

During this phase of the operation, troops will interact with residents and media while implementing crowd-control measures and possibly treating and evacuating injured persons.

The unit will use a Blackhawk helicopter for overhead command and control, and to simulate medevacs.

The drill will culminate in the apprehension of the suspected arms dealer.

Alpha Company will conduct a review of the drill on Sunday, April 5.

A meeting to give residents more information and accept volunteers will be held 7 p.m. Monday, March 2, in the Arcadia American Legion hall.

Kots said the exercise will replace Alpha Company's weekend drill for April.

"We have a lot of extended drills this coming year," he added.

In addition to surveillance, searching and apprehension, the exercise will also give the troops valuable experience in stability, support, patrol, traffic control, vehicle searches and other skills needed for deployment in an urban environment.

"This exercise will improve the real-life operational skills of the unit," said Kots. "And it will hopefully improve the public's understanding of military operations."

The pre-drill work with residents is as important at the drill itself.

"It will be important for us to gain the trust and confidence of the residents of Arcadia," said Kots. "We will need to identify individuals that are willing to assist us in training by allowing us to search their homes and vehicles and to participate in role-playing."

"We really want to get as much information out there as possible, because this operation could be pretty intrusive to the people of Arcadia."

God help us.

The training has begun. Don't say it's not possible anymore.
This Gestapo-type garbage is happening faster than anyone would have thought possible.

dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Re: Say It's Not So

Post by dr walker »

I think they had a change of plans.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... geId=89527
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Already been posted in the Politics Forum http://www.levergunscommunity.org/viewt ... =4&t=14948 :wink:
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I was a member of the Iowa National Guard from 72 to 76. Nothing like this went on then and I doubt that people would have looked kindly on it.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

We ask for the head of the household, get permission to search, then have them open doors and cupboards. The homeowner maintains control.
Yeah right. If you don't give permission to search, I guess that means you're hiding something, and they start shooting.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Aw.. too bad they called it off. It would have been the perfect time to stage a mock counter insurgency. :twisted:
Slow is just slow.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Them Blue Helmets make such good targets............
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

cas wrote:Aw.. too bad they called it off. It would have been the perfect time to stage a mock counter insurgency. :twisted:
Cas,
I like that! You can bet yo butt that there would be volunteers to participate-------with live ammo :wink: ------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

"There are no active duty bases in Iowa, so there are no urban warfare training areas of any size," Hopgood said. "In order to get that larger neighborhood feel or city feel, we have to be creative and partner with our communities."

I can understand why they feel the need for this type of trainning. The sort of work being done by infantry in Iraq is very much like the trainning they were planning to do. Active duty has the facilitys to do this training out of the eyes of the public.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Levergun
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Levergun »

Yes, it is true... Yes it is happening, and yes it is real.

I was listening to Alex Jones on www.infowars.com and he had a LT. Cl. on from the National Guard and asked him series of questions in regaurd to this topic and to say the least, it was very inlightning. :idea:
"In God We Trust"
www.Levergunleather.com
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Gents,

Something like this happened a couple of weeks ago in New Orleans. The local TV stations had to remind people that all of the smoke and noise (and helicopters!) was just part of the multi-day exercise. :oops: :evil:

Here you go:

http://www.wwltv.com/topstories/stories ... 02ce4.html

Bombs, choppers during military exercises startle residents
12:42 PM CST on Thursday, February 5, 2009
Katie Moore / Eyewitness News

NEW ORLEANS – Residents in and around New Orleans have been hearing the sounds of low-flying helicopters and what sounds like bomb blasts over the past few nights, but the sounds are part of a training exercise for some of America's elite military troops.

At one Lakefront home, Gigi Burk normally hears her son, 6-year-old Beau, practicing the piano, but last night she heard something much different at around 10 p.m.

“I said, oh my God! They're bombs. That's what I thought it was, somebody dropping bombs,” Burk said.

Burk said she panicked, not knowing why she was hearing what sounded like explosions and low-flying helicopters.

“We're a little skittish around here with things that have happened,” Burk said.

But according to military officials, it’s a training exercise that brought about 150 U.S. troops from the U.S. Special Operations Command to train in New Orleans for urban warfare.

“They are regularly engaged in combat operations,” said U.S. Special Operations Command staffer Kimberly Tiscione. “They are the best of the best we have to offer across all the branches of the military.”

Black Hawk and "Little Bird" helicopters are transporting troops to several locations around New Orleans, according to Tiscione.

“They're going to be flying near buildings, doing approaches on them,” Tiscione said. “You might see them landing on the roof tops or landing on the ground near them as well.”

“I heard a bunch of explosions starting at about 10 p.m. They were about ten seconds apart, and then they'd stop, and we thought it was over, but then they started again,” said Burk.

Tiscione said that the ground troops were performing “breeches at several different locations.

“So, they're moving through doorways or walls or that sort of thing. They're also doing weapons proficiency,” Tiscione said.

The forces are using simulated ammunitions, almost like paintball pellets, to conduct the training. And even though the noise may affect your neighborhood, the night-time training is only supposed to last from sundown to 11 p.m., according to Tiscione.

“They are the best of the best because they get these kind of training events,” she said.

Burk said she wishes the training had been better publicized before-hand to avoid a scare Tuesday night.

"People were talking about it everywhere today," Burk said.

The NOPD did put a press release out about the training, and WWL-TV aired a story about it; however, that was a week ago.

Since U.S. Special Operations Command hasn't done a similar training here since 2000, it has caught many people by surprise.

The training will go on every night through the end of this week.
Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Levergun
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Levergun »

I just heard another report of these types of happenings on the Glenn Beck program.
"In God We Trust"
www.Levergunleather.com
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

JReed wrote:"There are no active duty bases in Iowa, so there are no urban warfare training areas of any size," Hopgood said. "In order to get that larger neighborhood feel or city feel, we have to be creative and partner with our communities."

I can understand why they feel the need for this type of trainning. The sort of work being done by infantry in Iraq is very much like the trainning they were planning to do. Active duty has the facilitys to do this training out of the eyes of the public.
I remember doing building clearing drills going from barracks to barracks & using one REMF office building on a NG training facility (no active duty base in WY either).

No need to mess with civilian homes. Bad Mojo.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Old Ironsights wrote:
JReed wrote:"There are no active duty bases in Iowa, so there are no urban warfare training areas of any size," Hopgood said. "In order to get that larger neighborhood feel or city feel, we have to be creative and partner with our communities."

I remember doing building clearing drills going from barracks to barracks & using one REMF office building on a NG training facility (no active duty base in WY either).

This type of thing is really strange...the Army has plenty of urban training environments on posts around the Country. The only answer I can come up with is that some folks are trying to get CIVILIANS used to having the military operating in their neighborhoods. That is the only logical answer I can think of, and a possibly ominous sign. And I have never been a black helicopter..they're coming to get us...conspiracy theorist either.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

C. Cash wrote:
Old Ironsights wrote:

This type of thing is really strange...the Army has plenty of urban training environments on posts around the Country. The only answer I can come up with is that some folks are trying to get CIVILIANS used to having the military operating in their neighborhoods. That is the only logical answer I can think of, and a possibly ominous sign. And I have never been a black helicopter..they're coming to get us...conspiracy theorist either.
Yep. But then I've been called a paranoid Constitutionalist too...
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

That wasn't directed to you at all OI....I appreciate your insight on all of these matters and have learned much from your posts. Not talking about anyone here when I made that remark, but there are these folks in our society who are well, over the top paranoid. But, it is becoming more and more apparent that paranoia may not be such a bad thing after all......
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

This sort of thing is really not that new......in Basic Training, Mar-May, 1972, B-12-5, Ft Knox, Ky, we had an extra month of Basic Training, half of which was extra jungle training (traps, snares, mines, tunnels, etc) and two weekd of Civil Disturbance Training, most riot control and how t use nightsticks against people without hurting them too bad....Our Gubment has ALWAYS reserved an option of Military Force against us!!! :wink:
Last edited by Blaine on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

I can only offer my opinion from my little corner of the Army that I lived in. As a US Army Infantryman 1986-89(Ft. Benning, Ft. Carson and Germany), I never heard of such a notion of using US troops against US Citizens. We were called upon to help fight major Forest fires but that was the only "civilian" use our guys were put to in the US. It would have been an extremely foreign, and repulsive concept to search and corral our own people. There would have been sizable dissention, I believe. Just wasn't on the radar at the enlisted level at that time but who knows what was being discussed up top. We only expected fighting in our cities if we were invaded by a foreign enemy on our soil, or if people were burning a city down and ripping people out of their cars to kill them if they were the wrong color(as in the LA riots). But never heard a thought expressed of acting on John and Jane Q. Citizen. That's the people that we were doing it FOR! But like some of you folks, I'm starting to doubt that it is the same way now.
Last edited by C. Cash on Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

The use of the national guard to kill civilians is not unprecedented in this country. The Colorado Coal Field War of the early 1900's is a good example. The poor buggers even thought the Guard was showing to help, too.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
45-70-
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 45-70- »

This just happened in SW Oklahoma a couple weeks ago. I live about 6 miles from a town with approximately 600 people in it. Its a small farming/ranching town that literally closes up about 6 or 7 p.m. There is one road going through the middle of town. Nothing open at night. Soldiers from Ft Sill came into town late at night and blocked off the road from both ends. Then they walked up and down the streets carrying their M16's. Several people saw them and talked to them and some old women called the local police(all 2 of them) The police said they were practicing and conducting an exercise. After a few hours they left before dawn and before the rest of the town even knew they were there.
Now I am not into wearing tinfoil hats or thinking the end is near but I have no clue what they were really up to. Ft Sill has all the urban training they could want.
I am a salty, old, retired Chief Petty Officer who is not impressed by much.

"We're surrounded, that simplifies our situation." Chesty Puller

Member of Marlin Firearms forum '02-'04
Member of Marlin Talk forum '04-?
Member of original Leverguns forum '04-'07
Member of new Leverguns forum '07-?
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

It's likely that the government is prepping for civil unrest as the economy worsens. Regardless of whether or not it is justified, governments historically crush rioters.

My advice: don't be part of a mob.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Jason_W wrote:...My advice: don't be part of a mob.
Yeah... it's easier to snipe from watr towers... :wink: :twisted: :wink: :wink:
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!