screw size

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
two bit okie
Levergunner 2.0

screw size

Post by two bit okie »

Does any one know what size allen wrench is needed to remove the front sight ramp on a Marlin 1894 carbine?
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Re: screw size

Post by Leverdude »

Should be a regular slotted screw. Most have two screws, some with one under the sight. If its an allen screw I dont believe its factory.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: screw size

Post by AJMD429 »

With guns and allen sizes, I save ALL the ones that come with things, and I've noticed that there are many variations on any given size as far as snugness; sometimes I'll even file down a larger size or peen/cut/trim another, if there is a really tight thing I have to loosen. Between an English and Metric set, plus the spares, I can usually get one that is really snug. If lock-ease, a brief hit with a butane pencil torch, and a SNUG fitting allen don't get it out, I guess I'd have to go get the drill. Not had to do that yet.

I wish everything was Torx. Especially the lever-screw on my Marlins!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "