OT- Military Bolt Rifle conversion question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
DerekR
Levergunner 2.0

OT- Military Bolt Rifle conversion question

Post by DerekR »

Good morning guys. Has any of you ever done the Dayton Traister Speed-Lock conversion on an old cock-on-closing bolt rifle? I have a sporterized model 96 Swede Mauser that I have built. It is very accurate off of the bench, but in the field I have found that the long lock-time and heavy fall of the firing pin hinders accuracy. The firing pin falls like a ton of bricks! I can get the trigger and new cocking piece together, and I want to try the trigger anyway. I imagine there will be some grinding to replace the cocking piece. Is this something a hobby gunsmith with files and a Dremel can do?
Thanks boys!
Derek aka "shootnfan"
Middle Tennessee

24 hours in a day.....24 beers in a case. Coincidense? I think not.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT- Military Bolt Rifle conversion question

Post by Rusty »

You might check in the gunsmithing notes section at Brownell's they might have something on them there.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
kfarm
Levergunner

Post by kfarm »

Did this to two M96 Sweeds, great trigger. Just go slow and don't take too much off the cocking piece so it works, cock on open. Went to fast on mt first and it is a cock on open and close but it is a great trigger mines about 2 lbs and crisp.
Carroll
DerekR
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DerekR »

Thanks guys.
Derek aka "shootnfan"
Middle Tennessee

24 hours in a day.....24 beers in a case. Coincidense? I think not.