Snowyowl Reporting In

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
snowyowl
Levergunner

Snowyowl Reporting In

Post by snowyowl »

Boy am I ever glad this site got stabilized. I've been missing you guys a bunch! Anyone got the coffee on? :P
I broke down finally and bought a enameled ware percolator for perked coffee.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Snowyowl Reporting In

Post by AJMD429 »

Metal percolators (stove top or stand alone) beat the heck out of those stupid plasticizer-leaching "Mr. Coffee" type things. They're FASTER, don't put poisons in the brew, and last 10 times longer. Plus, no need to use the filter paper.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

That may be true, but the best coffee comes from a French press. Also, the addded bonus is that you can use it for tea .
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Well it's been a Coon's age...welcome back snowyowl! :)
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Welcome back to the fire. I have an old enamel perker that has been set over many afire and still makes good coffee on the stove. My grandson said he agrees with bigbore about the French press, he went to France this spring with a group from college. he said the coffe and Turkish tea were the best.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

A friend of mine that I swap e-mail with was complaining this morning that another one of his plastic coffee makers has bit the dust.He's gone through 4 of them that I know about. I'm still using my electric Proctor Silex and have a SS camp percolator from Cabelas for the stove top when the power goes out.
I hate messing with those stupid paper filters too.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Welcome back! :D
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

bigbore442001 wrote:That may be true, but the best coffee comes from a French press. Also, the addded bonus is that you can use it for tea .
Shows ya what I know. I thought the "French Press" was one of those positions described in the "Kama Sutra"!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snowyowl - Welcome to the forum.
ED
Yer never too old
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Welcome back!
I bought my folks a stainless percolator from BassPro for Christmas last year. They use it every day and threw out the electric pot.
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan