Puma 44 Mag SS octagon barrel Model: PUM50011

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
xtratoy
Levergunner 1.0

Puma 44 Mag SS octagon barrel Model: PUM50011

Post by xtratoy »

Does anyone have any idea of what the bore diameter of the most recent Puma 44 Mag barrels are. I searched and found a few older posts that indicated that they were oversized (.434) and good accuracy was only obtainable with comparably sized bullets. I sold all my casting equipment about a year before I figured out prices were on the way up. Has any one recently purchased one? If so, what are your bores measuring out at ? I am thinking one might join the collection.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Puma 44 Mag SS octagon barrel Model: PUM50011

Post by TedH »

Shoot a PM to Nate Kiowa Jones, he'd be able to tell you.
NRA Life Member
rwb
Levergunner

Post by rwb »

I picked up one recently and it shoots very well with JHP. I haven't slugged the barrel but it is my understanding the latest guns have the proper dimensions.
I am going to have to buy another one my 16 year old son decided it was his as soon as it arrived :D
Russ
xtratoy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by xtratoy »

Sent NKJ a message last night off of his website. Waiting to hear from him and see his prices. I am hoping to be able to use commonly available bullets that are stocked locally. My LaserCast 240 gr SWC mic out at .431 . Did anyone ever hear if the SS barrels meassured any different than the blued barrels ? Do you know the twist rate on these?