OT Rabid Fox bites jogger.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

OT Rabid Fox bites jogger.

Post by gamekeeper »

A woman jogger ran for a mile with a rabid fox clamped to her arm before locking the animal in the trunk of her car and racing to hospital for treatment, police said Thursday. Skip related content
Related photos / videos Enlarge photo Michelle Felicetta was out running on a trail at the base of Granite Mountain near Prescott, northern Arizona on Monday when she came face-to-face with the fox in a clearing, Yavapai County Sheriff's Office said.

The woman attempted to back away from the animal but as she did so the fox lunged and sunk its teeth into her feet. After grabbing the animal by the neck the fox bit Felicetta on the arm and would not release his grip.

The quick-thinking jogger realized she would need to keep the animal for testing so ran back to her car where she managed to prise its jaws open before throwing it in the trunk and driving to hospital.

The fox also bit an animal control officer who attempted to remove it from Felicetta's car. Both Felicetta and the animal officer will have to now undergo a series of vaccinations for treatment.

"This fox made eye contact with me and started walking towards me," Felicetta later told KPHO local television. "That's when I knew something was really wrong."

THAT'S WHEN I WOULD HAVE STARTED SHOOTING. :shock:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: OT Rabid Fox bites jogger.

Post by Old Ironsights »

They got her name wrong.

It is Vasquez, and she's on leave from the Space Marines...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

I would of started shooting way before eye contact :lol:
We could do with some of that over here and bears and wolves, it would get rid of some ramblers :lol:
It would help the licensing folk release some big bore guns too :D

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Nath wrote:I would of started shooting way before eye contact :lol:
We could do with some of that over here and bears and wolves, it would get rid of some ramblers :lol:
It would help the licensing folk release some big bore guns too :D

Nath.
Did you know that a 12ga-.410 bore chamber liner fits quite nicely in a length of 3/4" BSP?... and that BSP makes a fine, if heavy walking stick? :twisted:
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

One of them cold steel blades that fit on a stick would be fun :twisted:

Nath
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Why would a woman go jogging alone without a firearm?
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

YK,
You just do not understand, the world belongs to the " annoited " these things happen to " those " people.
You would have to live in Arizona to truly understand, some of the old cowboys have not spoken to a human being for years.. out of shear disgust.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Why would a woman go jogging alone without a firearm?
Two possible reasons. One, too much Disney. The other, maybe she's blonde.

I am now ducking because if my blonde headed, phd'd sister see this I'll get wacked.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
scr83jp
Levergunner 2.0

Post by scr83jp »

Prescott,AZ area has lots of unfriendly critters; friends of ours live there and have skunks,bobcats,javelinaalways take sidearms with them when the go for walks or hikes:bear,mtn lions,bobcats,coyotes,javelina,kit fox,gray fox,skunks,badgers,ferrets,coatimundi,ringtail cats,mexican red wolf,ocelot,etc.My friend said she's from az but never had this occur .
Last edited by scr83jp on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SJPrice
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SJPrice »

scr83jp wrote:Prescott,AZ area has lots of unfriendly critters friends of ours live there and always take sidearms with them when the go for walks or hikes:bear,mtn lions,bobcats,coyotes,javelina,kit fox,gray fox,coatimundi,ringtail cats,mexican red wolf,ocelot,etc.
and you have still not considered rapist, muggers, murderers etc. Why would any person, let alone a woman go off in the wild without being armed for self protection?
Always Drink Upstream From The Herd
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

SJPrice wrote:
scr83jp wrote:Prescott,AZ area has lots of unfriendly critters friends of ours live there and always take sidearms with them when the go for walks or hikes:bear,mtn lions,bobcats,coyotes,javelina,kit fox,gray fox,coatimundi,ringtail cats,mexican red wolf,ocelot,etc.
and you have still not considered rapist, muggers, murderers etc. Why would any person, let alone a woman go off in the wild without being armed for self protection?
'Cause her name is Jenette Vasquez - the baddest Private in the Space Marines. :mrgreen:
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

see my previous post
scr83jp
Levergunner 2.0

Post by scr83jp »

Old Ironsights wrote:
SJPrice wrote:
That's the ones I worked with for a long time , they don't have claws , very powerful jaws and sharp teeth so I wasn't including 2 legged game just 4 legged.
'Cause her name is Jenette Vasquez - the baddest Private in the Space Marines. :mrgreen: