CCI Blazer Ammunition 357 MAG 158GR JHP

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Gary
Levergunner 2.0

CCI Blazer Ammunition 357 MAG 158GR JHP

Post by Gary »

Is this aluminum case stuff safe in a Marlin lever? I wonder if the higher energy generated will cause problems in a long gun. Anyone use it?
Duff L Bagg
Levergunner 2.0

Re: CCI Blazer Ammunition 357 MAG 158GR JHP

Post by Duff L Bagg »

It is perfectly safe in your marlin. so go make holes in something and report back with the results! :D

Really Baby, I swear that it just followed me home.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Safe, yes, but sometimes it might be iffy on extraction in a particular gun which is why it isn't recommended for the leverguns. Try a few rounds before you try to run the gun at race speeds.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

The .44 Magnum stuff I have works just fine in my Marlins but wouldn't feed very well in my Rossi 92's

I bought a case of the stuff back when it was $14/ a box. Most of it has gone through my 94P.

jb 8)
Last edited by 2ndovc on Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Gary wrote:Is this aluminum case stuff safe in a Marlin lever? I wonder if the higher energy generated will cause problems in a long gun. Anyone use it?
I've used it in my Win 94AE .45 Colt and it fed, fired, and extracted-ejected just fine. But it doesn't have an extractor grove so some rifles might not like it.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

I've used several boxes of the 44mag in my levers without a problem. But, like Hobie said, just give them a try first.
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Works fine in mine.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...