POLITICS: Some real Hope

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

POLITICS: Some real Hope

Post by Old Ironsights »

I went to an engagement party of some VERY liberal (older) Jewish friends (I think I was one of 3 Goyim... and the only non-hippie) and got to talking politics with the groom-to-be, who I had not yet met.

He is a Physician from the Minneapolis area... think Left of Garrison Keilor.

Anway, as we were discussing the election (HE brought it up because of my Alaska/Wasilla/Palin connection) and he said, unscripted, after I had expressed my general dismay with McCain:
Frankly, NIXON would be a better candidate than either of these bozos...
:shock:

To which I responded: "Yeah, and JFK would be a Republican today" - a sentiment that he agreed with.

So, if a hard-core Jewish DFL'er from the Twin Cities can say that about Barry, the dude is really sucking hard - even in his own party.

EDIT: He DID like the PUMA idea of getting Palin in so the 2012 election could be between Sarah & Hillary... He may vote (R) for the first time in his life... :mrgreen:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Re: POLITICS: Some real Hope

Post by bunklocoempire »

Some more hope.

A few posts from a thread called: "Raise your hand if you've changed your political ideology recently" http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread ... 7&t=158688

"I was a democrat until I "woke up" from my ignorant bliss. Now, officially, I'm independent, but I did switch to Republican so I could vote for RP in the primaries."

"I used to lean more toward the left, but always had a huge disdain for the two major parties. I voted for Nader in 2004. Afterwards, I drifted away from liberalism and became apathetic until the Good Doctor hit me like a bolt of lightning!"

As a couple of the posts show on this thread and in the past, all it takes is for folks to hear the message of Liberty (or an attack on their wallet), and they're likely to be hooked, if you understand Liberty -and the devices used to take it from you, how could you not be hooked?

Bunkloco
“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance, once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it.” Ron Paul
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Re: POLITICS: Some real Hope

Post by El Chivo »

doctors pay some wicked taxes, it would be hard for him to ignore that forever.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."