Do you ever....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Re: Do you ever....

Post by Doc Hudson »

Otto wrote:I have been under the impression that dry-firing is a commonly accepted training method, and I'm not quite sure why doing so with a rifle would be any less dangerous than with a handgun. I also don't understand why firing live rounds in the garage or basement, as some on this site have claimed to do, would be more acceptable than dry firing. Nevertheless, there are those who question the safety of such an activity, and it is better to err on the side of caution. So I will refrain from doing this in the future.
Don't stop!

Just use snap caps to ensure your firing pin's integrity, and beware of the "JUST-ONE-MORE-TIME Syndrome."

The only negligent discharges I've ever had can be attributed to falling victim of the "JUST-ONE-MORE-TIME Syndrome."
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

So what if I was watching the Searchers the other night while caresing my rolling block. I am not as twisted as the rest of you. :wink: :lol:
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by slimster »

Well I'll reluctantly admit that when I was a kid, I would wrap electrical tape around the heads of my sisters dolls to simulate a german helmet as I fired on them with my bb gun, but I'm grown up now...I wrap some cloth turbans around the heads of my granddaughters' cast offs and use more potent weapons. (7.62 x 39 makes better cannon balls or missiles than bb's, you bet!)
winchester1886
Levergunner 2.0

Post by winchester1886 »

Yes Yes Yes and Yes to everything said on here, any reason or no reason is a reason for a game of WINCHESTER'S. I think the rest of you watched to many Westerns on TV when you where kids, explains why you have these problems and you are still all 12 years old.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Sorry fellers, - I had my long suffering wife read this post to show her that there were many other perfectly normal adult males who "spent time" with their guns in much the same way as I. After reading all the way through the replies she came to a startling conclusion and made this pronouncement, ... "Good Lord, there are huge numbers of you delayed adolescent types out there! At least I'm not alone in raising a "12-year-old" through to his senile years". I should have known better than to show her this thread!
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.