Robbed!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Robbed!

Post by jkbrea »

For those that have been texting and calling I'm ok. Yes I was robbed again,.
It was a truly horrifying experience but I'm ok, just a little shaken. I was robbed at an Exxon today. After my hands stopped trembling, I managed to call the police. The whole thing was caught on camera. The officers were quick to respond and calmed me down, explaining that this is happening all over the country. My money is gone, all of it, but I am alive and that's all that matters. The police asked me if I knew who did it. I said yes...It was pump #3.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Robbed!

Post by jnyork »

jkbrea wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:25 pm For those that have been texting and calling I'm ok. Yes I was robbed again,.
It was a truly horrifying experience but I'm ok, just a little shaken. I was robbed at an Exxon today. After my hands stopped trembling, I managed to call the police. The whole thing was caught on camera. The officers were quick to respond and calmed me down, explaining that this is happening all over the country. My money is gone, all of it, but I am alive and that's all that matters. The police asked me if I knew who did it. I said yes...It was pump #3.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
flightsimmer
Levergunner 2.0

Post by flightsimmer »

I got gas today, Monday 6-24-24 and it only cost me $2.94 a gallon at Indy.
10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.
If possible, so much as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. Rom 12:18
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I was robbed last Friday morning, 3.79⁹ for diesel!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

I was thinking while reading must be odd that you didnt have a gun on ya, most likely the cops
would have been called if ya would of blazed away at the pump :lol:

ollogger
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

i just paid $3.99 at Costco, I see $4.99 on the stations i bypass . . . I'm still traveling for about 12 cents per mile.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Let’s see all this crying over high gas prices. Well you get off cheap. $4.59 for 87 last fill up.

Ever want to see where the real ripoff is look at the taxes, fed, state, local and sometimes special districts.

Here state taxes were originally for road maintenance. But politicians being politicians saw this big pot of money and without any fanfare stuck it in the general fund.

Much screaming and court battles resulted in the court siding with, you guessed it, the politicians.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

I RAM 3500 takes about $140 to fill up when its at a 1/4 tank and only get 14 mpg when hauling a horse. The wife wants to install an auxiliary fuel tank so we do not have to stop so often
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I miss mean tweets and cheap gas.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

wvfarrier wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:27 am I RAM 3500 takes about $140 to fill up when its at a 1/4 tank and only get 14 mpg when hauling a horse. The wife wants to install an auxiliary fuel tank so we do not have to stop so often
Convert to propane?
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I got fuel the other day inOakley, KS and started missing shortly (couple hundred miles), thereafter, steadily getting worse... now in KW shop in Fargo, ND and they found algae & water in fuel! So not only did get robbed at pump, but I have to pay for the cleanup also!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I knew it was a joke when you said, “my hands were trembling”. People on the Right don’t tremble, college professors do.

But, that was nice…”pump #3”….🤪——-003
1890 Colt Cavalry 90% Condition…100% Original
Gold Star Letter From Kopec. One of the Finest Known
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:28 am I miss mean tweets and cheap gas.
And cheap food.

+1
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

So gas is up by a factor of 10 over the past 50 years. But so is the amount of dollars we get for a day's work. No, the REAL robbery comes in our reloading components. I just got a shipment in from Powder Valley so I am 100% current on prices. I have a few remnants from early '70's -- Consider this:
PrimersNewnOld.jpg
The box of new Federals costs $12.00. The old Federals came from a brick with a $3.90 tag, so 0.39 for the box. So a bit over 30X rise over 50 years.

Or how 'bout this:
H335s.jpg
H335OldPrice.jpg
$314 for an 8# jug so about $39/lb for the new stuff; $2.29/lb for the old for a factor of 17X over the 50 years.

Gas is commensurate with income but reloading components sure as heck aren't. Us old rednecks are takin' it in the shorts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

Instead of the gas pump, it should be the register at the grocery store!! Making the gas people look like amateurs!! And don't get me started on the drug companies!!!! :evil:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Griff wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:28 amI got fuel the other day in Oakley, KS and started missing shortly (couple hundred miles), thereafter, steadily getting worse... now in KW shop in Fargo, ND and they found algae & water in fuel! So not only did get robbed at pump, but I have to pay for the cleanup also!
Plus they found #5 injector was bad. On the plus side they over-estimated the repairs by $1,200! On the negative side, instead of going to Detroit with 16K#s of potato chips, I'm going to Omaha with 41K#s of pet food!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!