Movie fails

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Movie fails

Post by TedH »

We've all seen obvious gun mistakes in the movies, but this one just might take the cake. The movie is called "Birthright Outlaw" and it's set in 1890. Making matters even worse, he called that rifle a "Henry repeating rifle I took off a Union soldier during the war". Apparently any levergun will do. 😆
FB_IMG_1716520642139.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NRA Life Member
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Movie fails

Post by gamekeeper »

They must have run out of the brass plated 92s with no forearms..... :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Not just movies-
Last night I was watching a show on The Outdoor Channel, commercial for Weibe Knives shows a guy with an obvious air rifle, his chin on the stock,kind of silhouetted but it was completely obvious that whomever taped the segment was not a shooter, nor was the editing staff and no one corrected /retaped before it was put on the air.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

if an actor can pretend to be a soldier, then a winchester can pretend to be a henry. guns are inclusive too... :lol:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sigh.

I thought we were past that decades ago.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Hollyweird seems to have chronic issues with firearms prop managers.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:15 pm Hollyweird seems to have chronic issues with firearms prop managers.
It's called ignorance Bill.
Dad would always pick apart aviation themed shows & movies, being as he had 38,000 odd hours with some sort of aircraft strapped to his back he forgot more than ' experts ' thought they knew!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Grizz wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 4:16 pm if an actor can pretend to be a soldier, then a winchester can pretend to be a henry. guns are inclusive too... :lol:
It does kinda look like a Henry....of recent manufacture! :roll:
veeman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by veeman »

In Old Henry, old Billy the Kid comes out of his house with a Winchester 94 ANGLE EJECT. Setting is in 1906!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

One of the many wonders of the prop departments is the genius who fitted fake flintlocks to Trapdoor Springfields for use in "The Alamo," the 1960 John Wayne version.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Its every movie genre'

I saw a critique of the movie "Sicario" on a tacti-cool you-tubers site, and although that movie is pretty highly regarded for a lot of reasons, -- he lambasted the CIA hit squads use of web gear and plate carriers that looked like they were ordered straight from a "Cheaper Than Dirt" or "Sportsmans Warehouse" catalog

Ive been ill for the past week so my movie viewing has gone up, but i watched some generic Navy Seal movie -- because if Hollywood is to be believed, the Navy Seals comprise 95% of the US light infantry -- but i was irked to see the fire team cruising along with their night vision and collection of M4's -- and a lone dude with a iron sighted SCAR.

I also was and am continually amused by the movie "Heat" - which is an exceptionally cool movie if you like guns -- but the lack of standardization of weapons for an otherwise well organized crime crew seemed silly

The opening scenes alone, i think the crew was armed with FAL's, AK's AR's and a Galil. Later on in the movie at the infamous street shootout scene - the cops are passing out shotguns as would be expected in 1995, - but then Pacino's character comes up with an FN FNC - which seems like a pretty exotic rifle to have on hand in an LA Police armory. ---
----- Doug
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

I noticed that also in the movie. I was not expecting much from the movie. It was okay and definitely not the worse I have see lately. Low budget and likely someone said hey we need a lever gun, anyone got one?
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

veeman wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:28 am In Old Henry, old Billy the Kid comes out of his house with a Winchester 94 ANGLE EJECT. Setting is in 1906!
haha....yep, noticed that too.