Organizing your stuff

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Organizing your stuff

Post by AJMD429 »

I do some of this (the EDC part) but need to do more...

https://youtu.be/qhMqHQ28Dww?si=1TeQ6KpvsQSyo8rZ

…now I don’t have a $6,000 coms-and-nods helmet, either; I just wear the helmet they gave me in grade school when I rode the short bus… :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Organizing your stuff

Post by Streetstar »

Good grief those guys are nerds

although ive spent a bit of time on my "truck loadout" myself recently
----- Doug
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

this website is by a survivor of Katrina. He has free workbook forms of the kinds of personal family data that we absolutely don't want to lose on a sunken hard drive. He is very organized, and has perfect record keeping skills. He helps get every important piece of personal data ON PAPER in a notebook that goes everywhere with you, along with thumb drives for each family member with contact info of relatives and friends. I know some of you guys will use this because it makes so much sense. I am way behind the curve on this stuff.

I hope this helps prevent someone from becoming helpless due to loss of identity. Check it out, someone you know might relish this approach.

https://www.theplacewithnoname.com/blog ... index.html
katrina.jpg
grizz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

There is definitely a lot of stuff that is irretrievably lost if a tornado hits your house. Yet one flash drive with photos and files on it could help retrieve the majority of it so easily if we just were organized enough to have it ready.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

AJMD429 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:03 pm .
There is definitely a lot of stuff that is irretrievably lost if a tornado hits your house. Yet one flash drive with photos and files on it could help retrieve the majority of it so easily if we just were organized enough to have it ready.
That's the genius of this guy. He gets all of that and organizes it in categories in Workbooks!.

I have enormous inertia concerning record keeping, but this setup is compelling. And Hey! I'm just trying to get myself started. I used to think of myself as a self-starter but I am beginning to have doubts. Sheesh, I CRACK MYSELF UP sometimes. :lol: :lol:
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Grizz wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:15 pm
That's the genius of this guy. He gets all of that and organizes it in categories in Workbooks!.

I have enormous inertia concerning record keeping, but this setup is compelling. And Hey! I'm just trying to get myself started. I used to think of myself as a self-starter but I am beginning to have doubts. Sheesh, I CRACK MYSELF UP sometimes. :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the link, Grizz!
We have the occasional tornado and some wild storms, but what has always made me do things to back up personal info, pictures, etc. has been the fires and flooded homes of customers/ clients. I have thumb drives w/ pictures, my collection, tools etc. stored at my dad's place, along with fireproof safes, etc.
I was pretty hooked after reading the first page of this website. Looks like I have a lot more work to do. :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

2ndovc wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:52 am
Grizz wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:15 pm

Thanks for the link, Grizz!
We have the occasional tornado and some wild storms, but what has always made me do things to back up personal info, pictures, etc. has been the fires and flooded homes of customers/ clients. I have thumb drives w/ pictures, my collection, tools etc. stored at my dad's place, along with fireproof safes, etc.
I was pretty hooked after reading the first page of this website. Looks like I have a lot more work to do. :D

jb 8)
Thanks for the response! I think the understated brilliance of the whole system is to have all the info duplicated onto PAPER! There are paper documents that are thousands of years old, and they still work! Shane carries all the core information with him all the time because he can't predict when he won't be able to get home to retrieve it. Smart guy.

I am into my digital data, and keep backups, but so far there is no evidence that a thumb drive or hard drive will still work in 2400 years, but we can make a book that will.

I have to get this started so that everything of value is in the same box with the copies in another box. At least that way I could have the stuff in a garbage bag while I'm rowing to the boat.

Hope you get this going