Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by OldWin »

Wow! Nice ash logs bro! People GIVE that away down there? Man, that's the best part of being a hillbilly in a place full of money people. I can't believe what they give away down there. Plus, it's where all the good Colts and Winchesters are.
Good job on the hitch buddy. That's all the tools any qualified hick needs.

Oh! And I almost forgot! Monday, on the way to camp, I went by the "industrial park" (it only contains a trucking company with 10 acres of piled logs and wood pellet packing place) on the way out of town. I noticed a big pile of pallets beside the road in front of the pellet place. Wednesday when I went to camp I noticed the pile was much smaller. Because it was smaller, I could see at the bottom of the pile were several that were wider and longer than regular pallets. I whipped the truck right over! Thise puppies will make good bridges over soft spots in my trails.
Score!
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Oh yea….they sure do make nice bridges….listen here, I AM the pallet king, working with them for 44 years…..if you see any of the black plastic ones, git ‘em! They will have GPS on the side…they have a chip in them but don’t let that bother you as once these pallets first came out maybe 18 years ago, people were stealing them like crazy so they are all over the place. Besides, because of the theft, I don’t think they make em anymore. The next best pallet is the 40” x 48” “food pallets”. They are made of oak.

Pine pallets are as worthless as testicles on a priest……mostly they are made to be used once like when a company orders a big machine. If you see blue pallets, they are also food pallets at 40”x48” with sq. blocks on the corners and one in the middle on the long side…..they are OK and are made from yellow pine but a decent grade of pine……..

The best place to look for these GPS pallets are behind large grocery stores…if you have any up your way….you know, something bigger than a mom & pop corner market.

Dang, I wish I knew how to weld. I think I’m just gonna go to Home Depot and buy an electric one that’s good for 1/4” steel then watch some You Tube videos.

If you need any help with going behind a big store and swiping some pallets let me know and I’ll help ya…..theres just something about taking things that don’t belong to you from companies that legally rob us everyday.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey, you won! What do you want out of Walt’s garage? You know, he still has his dues to pay…how about one of his ATV’s?

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sure! A wheeler would be great. You know, unless he has a nice flat fender Willys.
I don't see a lot of the plastic ones up here, but I know what you're talking about. Yeah, those are nice. And yes, not all pallets are created equal. I have a bunch of nice ones at camp. There's always a use for them. I have my plastic shed and outhouse sitting on the good 48x48 ones.

I wish I could weld too. I've toyed with getting a little wire feed and teaching myself. When I was in school for machine tool, we were supposed to get a Welding course as part of it. Naturally, they cut it the year I got there so they could sell you another course.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I'm not sure you can weld up to 1/4" with a 110V mig welder but 3/16" can certainly be done. I bought a 110V years ago but found it couldn't do everything I wanted so about 10 years ago I bought a Miller 220V on sale new and have really enjoyed it. It will definitely do anything I might want to weld.

I think buying a little 110V and teaching yourself to weld is a great idea. If you get flux-cored mig wire you don't have to fool with any inert gas bottles and it works better when it's breezy as well since the gas doesn't blow away as with argon/CO2.

A stick welder will probably do anything you might want to weld but it's more difficult to master.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks Walt…you just disclosed you know how to weld…..Jay knows how to weld but he knows if I know he can weld, I’ll force him to drive the 6 hours so that means, “can you pop on over and teach me? :D

On to serious business…,,I do have a 220 line in the garage but I want to keep it simple as I know next to nothing about welding. I am self taught in everything I can do which contrary to popular belief is a fair amount……like, I can hold a beer can and drink the stuff in it!

I drove 3 vehicles in my adult life and one John Deere 400 for 30 years before life got easier and can take apart every Winchester lever action, Colt, Ruger, Smith & Wesson’s, some Remingtons down to the bare frame with ease so learning to weld the easy stuff should be easy. I’m tired of drilling and tapping….basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing are also on my list…BASIC, I said….homeowner stuff…

I brought this up a couple of years ago on this thread and never followed through with it….oh well…….by the way did you guys hear about……………

Germany, England, and Poland each did a study on the reason for the knob on the end of a man’s unit.,,,…Germany spent 1 million dollars and concluded it was for the pleasure of the woman…….England also spent 1 million and concluded it was for the pleasure of the man…….Poland spent $15 and concluded it was to keep the man’s hand from slipping off……..—-006

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha!
Here's a typical Saturday afternoon in Cornville.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

“Typical Saturday afternoon.” They get up that early?

Bed Bug Row….West Athens.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha! I'll have to take a ride through West Athens on the way to camp someday. I tell ya, it looked worse than that pic. There was one place wrapped completely in black plastic years ago. Chickens running in and out the door. It was nuts. There was a time there were 14 mailboxes in a row that had the name Corson on them heading into "town".
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ain’t no different than upstate Pa……or lower Delaware. Even my area 50 years ago was considered “Hickville”. No way me and mom ever be able to afford to live here if we were starting out. In those old days farmers were considered hicks.

On another note we had some good news. This high end store called Lululemon, which has multiple stores has been getting robbed by darky women, which sometimes are worse than the men. They came into the store 2 miles down the road and after stealing arm loads of clothes they took off and SEVEN of these animals crammed into a little car. The State Police came and gave chase. (State cops don’t back down to political correctness) and on their way back to the hood, they crashed and 3 of them are now dead.

Then another tribe of them hit the Lululemon store near Philly and they caught these ones.

At the end of the video you will see a wicked crash which happened 3 or 4 miles from here.Me and mom took a ride the other day to see the crash site…pieces of cars everywhere. These people drove erratically with zero concern for the lives around them. Pure jungle mentality.

Check this out…only 2 minutes long.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lululem ... dI3Xc,st:0

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Won't show me the video, but I get the picture. Too bad it hadn't of killed em all.
My bucket hooks came today. I'll try and get those on Monday. Then I can get the tractor back up to camp.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea….easy to get the picture…20 people run in and 20 run out…the dumb white clerks look on……..they may catch them, the loot is gone and they get fined $100 which they make on payments of $5 quarterly and stop after the second payment…..pretty much the same way they buy cars……..your lucky, you rarely see it……I live it when I’m more than 2 miles from home and am bombared with it whenever the TV is on…

Hey! On to good things….Im thinking about getting a set of clamp on forks for the bucket….less that $200…….IDEAL for lifting logs or anything as the bucket can be problematic with anything other than dirt, stone, mulch or horse S. People on you tube love them. You won’t lift probably more than 6-800 pounds as the bucket is rated for 1000 and beings the forks stick out I’m thinking the 7 or so range.

You can pick up the outhouse and move it 5 feet or spear some trespasser…right through the radiator.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. Those clamp on Forks are on my short list too. My neighbor has a set on his old JD 650. He can pick up an engine no problem. Or his bush hog and move it around.
My tractor is bigger and heavier by a bit so I think it will do what I want.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OK, you buy em first and report back to me so see if they are worth it. :D

There are different lengths and the short length, 36” seem they would work best…..they have them out to 60” but that’s too long….those long ones are made for those round bales of hay. I figure the forks on the forklifts I drove for 44 years were 48”. I’m thinking about 42” would be ideal….your tractor and mine are about the same size with my loader rated for 1,000 pounds.

Talk about a mess today….major mess…..got the Z stuck twice….had to pull it out with the big tractor. The front half of our front yard, about 3/4 of an acre is so soft and muddy, I don’t see it drying up for a month and that’s if we don’t get no rain. I should have left it alone but the grass was a good 14-18” high. The big tractor, in low range and 4 wd was able to get through it but the ruts it left reminds me of the Oregon Trail…….I'm miserable as both machines are sitting outside and are covered with mud….yea, too dirty to even put in the barn.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, that's what I figure too. Don't want them too long. Unwieldy and puts a lot of leverage on your loader.
Wow! It's not wet at all here. Ibwas surprised last week at camp how dried up it was.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I seem to have brought good weather with me as it has been warmer and sunnier up here in the north, apparently it was nonstop rain before I got here.
I have done a bit of woods walking and some air rifle shooting but mainly trying to get this place ship shape.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Should be interesting as it goes along Gk.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I haven't met the Lord of the Manor (landlord) yet, I need written permission to shoot on his land, a police requirement but my son knows all the trails from his professional Squirrel trapping days here. Fascinating place but I'm having difficulty understanding the local Geordie accent.. :lol:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey GK….send some of that weather here…..!!!!!……the water table is up to the sod here….really sucks as about 50% of our Springs are like that……….but, it sure beats paying for water……got my overhead down to $11.14 a month….

Moms not talking to me….i jumped outta bed and let a 20 second rip and she was in the kitchen……with the bedroom door closed…….and a fan running,,,,,,she called me a pig.

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

And she's not talking to you?! That just doesn't seem fair.

But I'm curious why you had to jump outta bed to rip it off. Were you afraid of brown sheets?
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh no Walt…..it just seems to hit me after I stand up ……I had a nice morning with peace before she started rattling about this n that so I went outside and started dealing with cutting the back pasture……long story but I was pulling my 5 x 10 trailer with grass clippings with the big Kubota 3350. Fresh cut grass is heavy and I had a load twice as high as the trailer. 4x dr with the locker on and I buried it up to the axles. Used the bucket to push me backwards but the trailer jackknifed…….to the garage to get the Rubicon and pulled the trailer out of the way and finally after a couple of hours got the tractor out…….then it was power wash time with 2 (TWO) five gallon buckets of mud.

I was in one of those “look at me wrong and I’m gonna bash your face in with a baseball bat” moods which seem to come more regularly as I age.

For everything you bring into your life you also bring in the required maintenance and accompanying headaches. Please Good Lord, in my next life just a 2 room log cabin, a horse and a few Winchesters & Colts.

Brown sheets? Yes, I bought them second hand from Jays neighbors in Cornville. My guess is theres 72 different peoples DNA on ‘em.
Speaking of Cornville, I drove by it today and they have a new high rise housing district.—-

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey Six you should have your own TV channel, you're cracking me up.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm going to checkout another gun shop with my son, there's not a lot of gun shops around here but the two I have already visited seem okay but typically British so not quite as interesting as I like.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yes sir! That there's a ritzy neighborhood in Cornville. They're "movin on up". They watched all those Jeffersons reruns and now they're living the dream.

We ran down to the big city this afternoon and hit the Sam's Club. Makes me feel rich to belong to such an exclusive club.
Gonna haul the tractor back to camp tomorrow. Finally got my Harley out of the cellar last night. Just have to get the kids Challenger out of there. Should be tomorrow with any luck. I got my bucket hooks and receiver hitch mounted to the bucket yesterday. My log tongs came yesterday too.

Sorry you got stuck buddy. Sounds like a real mess.

Glad you're doing well GK old buddy! Sounds like a big improvement over your old digs.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yep….good ole GK sure is liking his new digs…….wouldnt that be somethin’ if me and you just showed up at his door with the violin case with the Thompson in it?

Mom showed me a video of you the other day getting the bike out……that sure is some contraption you have…..are you saying the Hell Cat is in the basement also? Oh what I’d do for a Hell Cat…the WW2 version. I’d have to pay someone to fly it and then I’d have to sit on his lap with full control over the big 50’s…….flying around strafing at anything that moved must have been fun for those guys……watched a few You Tube WW2 veterans talking about it……the guy said he was just doing his job….cars, trucks, trains, people, even livestock which I don’t agree with.

I’m afraid to think what the insurance is on your boys car, especially him being a youngster…oh well, he’s young…we did the same stuff.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. We built a gantry in the rollway with a 4 wheeler winch mounted at the top. The cable hooks into 2 cables mounted to the ramp. The ramp is too steep to drive the bike out due to the breakover. The bike doesn't have enough clearance. Once you pick the ramp up, the bike can drive right out. It works slick and we use it for all kinds of stuff.

Haha no. The Hellcat is in my garage. That thing is even lower than my bike.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

All right..that makes sense……..my BIL, on my side of the family is a builder of houses…….at his house, which is one of those 5,000 sq foot jobs he has a basement with an entire machine shops…several lathes, milling machines, monstrous belt sanders, plasma cutter…you get it……

He came across this huge milling machine but would not fit on the elevator (yea, a real elevator) that goes from the garage to the basement…..so he got his backhoe….a backhoe not a black hoe) and dug a road about 200 ft long right to his basement where he knocked out the cinder blocks and put in a metal garage door. He can drive a car or small truck right into his basement.

Heck, the only entrance I need for the basement are a set of stairs that I can carry Winchesters and Colts…..well, I had a lot of Colts before this guy with a buffalo coat stole them and took em to Maine.

Baaaaaaddddd mood dude…..as I told you the front yard and most of the pasture is a muddy mess…..and more rain expected in the next 4 out of 5 days with this Thursday bringing a major downfall……as I remember every season for the last 49+ years, this year is the worst, ever….its bad enough that the rain causes me grief with the machines, it also messes with my head and the Meniers…..dizziness, headaches, balance issues, anxiety, feelings of hatred toward unpaid moderators on a power trip who delete posts because of their high moral standard, or lack of…—-006

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I spoke too soon, rain all day and again tomorrow :(
000_rain-gear-test.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The weather here has been good. First they said this week was going to be good, just screaming hot. Then it showed rain all week. Then they switched it back. Showing may e a T-storm tomorrow morning. Looks like rain from Sunday night through at least Tuesday. Must be the crud Six has going on.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey!

The question for today is how little holes, about 1/8-1/4” form on my t shirts. I currently have 38 T shirts (for real) and half of them have a couple of these little holes near my belly line.

Biggie storms coming. Thinking about putting fish in the front yard and charging $5 an hour for strangers to fish..

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Here it's supposed to be bright blue skies, highs around 80°, lows around 50° for the next ten days. Humidity is right at 20% but it should get a bit windy on Saturday. Planning an ATV trip to the mountains tomorrow, my first of the year. The Forest Service finally opened the gates to all the old logging roads a couple of weeks ago with the snow mostly gone. I plan on riding 25 - 30 miles and it should be a great day.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Similar here with 20-45 mph winds. Makes golf interesting.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

It would take more than a windy day to make golf interesting to me but I can see it adding to the difficulties of getting that little ball into the hole without windage adjustment on your clubs... :D
I am in the market for a .410 my favourite Squirrel getter, I don't want anything fancy but I would like something a bit different maybe a semi auto as I have only had semi auto rifles in the past, anyone ever use a Remington 1100 in .410 :?:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

A friend had one and did very well with it.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks OS over here they have to be permanently limited to 3 shot to qualify as a shotgun so some of the advantages are lost :( I have looked at some of the newer models from Turkey but just can't find it in me to give money to a Muslim country and I have seen quite a few broken Turkish guns.
I will probably end up with a Cooey or Savage single shot.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Golf courses originated and were designed for one reason…….to give wealthy men an excuse to get out for a day and conduct multi million business deals while sipping 200 year old bourbon. All of these “old money” DuPont mansions are down the road 10 miles. They stretch from Rt. 1 in Pennsylvania to Wilmington, Delaware where the headquarters used to be along with the ancient powder mills which is now Hagley Museum.

Halfway down Rt. 52, between the mansions is the mega DuPont Country Club.

I had lots of fun today……..the well water pressure tank was leaking down in the basement. These are guaranteed for 5 years but I only got a measly 30 out of it….and that one was given to me. Yea, new learning curve and $320 later were are back to 50 pounds of pressure. I HATE HATE HATE plumbing……except laying pipe but that was the old days.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Not Bourbon, more likely Scotch.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Scotch tape?

Nice weather today….but hot…..85……that’s about my limit anymore…...and I have to waste it picking up 42,483 tools left laying around from a job that required 4. It’s always like that every time…..I should just dump my tool boxes on the floor and leave em there.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I see further delineation is needed. Since the production of scotch whiskey or simply scotch in its various forms predated the appearance of golf in Scotland I suggest we assume the elite were drinking scotch at the time and that would be whiskey.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I was going to add they must have drank a lot of Whiskey before they came up with the idea of golf in the first place. :?

My son and his wife and I went to the Northumberland County Show today but it was disappointing as there were no clay shooting or gundog trials, plus the ground was very muddy.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Boy, did it suck coming in here tonight. Absolutely beautiful day. Just blue sky, 70 degrees and a slight breeze. Couldn't ask for more. I should be at camp.

Tomorrow I'm going to hit the range with the oldest boy. We went Thursday, but got washed out from a bad thunder storm. We just made it back through town before it flooded it out. We did manage to get his G3 zeroed. Both irons and optic. I never shot my stuff, and we didn't get to shoot his beautiful L1A1. He sent it out and had it done exactly like a late pattern Brittish L1A1. He has a pile of cash in it but it is just beautiful. Can't wait to try it.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You guys had fun…especially GK…”rolling around in the mud.”…..I also did that last week but I had a 3,200 lb tractor attached to me.

What’s a L1A1?. At a gun show 30 years ago this guy, and other dealers, had these British bolt actions new in the cosmoline for like a buck and a half…..there were also new in the cosmoline Springfields 03A3’s 2 groove for $200.

I’m putting 10 hour days and it seems like for every step forward I take 2 back. Problems after problem…nothing big but time consuming.

That Jay thinks he’s a big shot hillbilly. Always bragging about redneck/hillbilly inventions. I sure wish I’d get some thumbs up for my thinking. This picture was taken 30 minutes ago….we have our new towel rack, takeout food, dogs on the table eating with us, Skoal, knife, plastic forks and knives, Pepsi in a paper cup………..

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Weeeeee dogggggie! That's some stylin right there buddy. I love the paper towel rack. We call paper towels "crapkins".
Cause they work on both ends. :D

Gotta say bro, that looks like a big ole time to me. Our dogs ain't on the table for 2 reasons. One, they're too big. And two, we don't eat at the table. :D
We sit in the living room. She is on the couch, and the dogs hover around waiting for a handout. I sit in my chair. I even have a salt and pepper shaker on my end table.
Yeah......we is sure "high class". But I don't care one whit. We are happy.

Oh! And an L1A1 is just the British version of the FN FAL. Ole GK will know all about that.
My oldest loves that stuff. He also has a beautiful WW1 era SMLE. I think it was made in 1915. I've shot it, but don't know a lot about em.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Tanks broster! Sshhheeeeeeeee….Ill never come up to your standards on hillbillian ……..yea, we seldom eat at a table and when we do it’s outside as that’s the only table we have….inside we have a few cinder blocks and some 2x12’s but the bugs in the old wood keep getting on our plates so outdoors we go……….its no big deal as it ain’t as if we have to hold the door open…we just climb where the windows used to be, back about 15 years ago.

Never owned an FN but I like em…….as I’ve never been obsessed with military guns I decided on an M1A, carbine, Garand and the Big Boy…..sold the Garand last year and it’s been 10 years since I owned one of about a half dozen carbines. Never owned a military 45 even though several hundred passed by my nose at Tommy’s. Just don’t interest me. The only German gun I’ve owned was a G-41 (Mauser version) and danged if the Krauts put a binary trigger on it…100% orig. I bought it off the widow of a fighter pilot.

Watching a private Ryan for the 11th time.—00

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha well I de-Clare!
I've never owned an FAL either. I went with the US stuff too. Only ever had 2 carbines. I kept the best one. Just the 1 M1, so I could say I had one. I've never had a GI 1911 either. I always wanted one, but just can't get past the cost. I had a Luger when I was in HS. Nothing special, just a 1939 S/42. I sold it to a guy here at work that retired 30 years ago. Never got another but always meant to.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Look here young man…you youngster you….back in MY day, waaaaaaaaaayyyyy before you were a sperm, 45’s and carbines were everywhere……not many Garands but were available if you wanted one…………(hey, ya like that? ..on the sperm? I made that up)

Machine guns were routinely talked about but never shown…..I could have had an M3 back in the 70’s but that S scared me…..heck, the big outdoors ain’t big enough for me so I’d die in a 6x9….

Hot today……..’bout 85..,,,,,,

Jay……I’ve lost all self discipline…..last night I got into this hot sauce made in Italy and crunchy garlic made in Japan. I mixed the two together and dang near ate both jars, with a spoon….lof course, a plastic spoon..…..little jars, maybe 6 ounces….Im on the throne as I write this…….hurtin’ and I deserve it.

We go to Costco and buy these big boxes of plastic eating utensils…good ones……use em and wing em! Must be 6-800 of them laying all over the house and yard…….paper plates for us and the dogs….its NOT about being lazy to wash up dishes, etc…it’s about “ease of living”…..like, who really gives a f what others think…….makey easy on yo self.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Just got back from the range with the kid. Man! That FAL is absolutely beautiful. He's got a fortune in it, but it's proof you get what you pay for. I've shot em before, but not like this one. Smoooooth. And just hits anything you look at. It was a joy to shoot, and I'm a dyed in the wool M14 guy. He sent it to some FAL guru out in Nevada I think. Its 100% correct. Even down to the stampings.

Oh man dude! All day on the throne. That's when indoor plumbing is nice. I have felt your pain. :D
Last edited by OldWin on Sun May 26, 2024 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Indoor plumbing? What’s that?

I know little about FN’s………….can you put a scope on ‘em?………308 right?…..the English have a way of adapting every gun they make to .303.

Never could understand that..(thread turn)…..a big ugly under powered rimmed cartridge……..they made em work though, even on the Spitfires…….from what I read, way before I was a sperm, that the Red Baron was kilt by a .303 Enfield…..probably was GK’s grandfather.

I really like my M1-A……never shot it much, maybe 7-800 rounds. I put one of those $400 Springfield Armory scope mounts and a $1,000 scope….high dollar Nikon….I think it was a Nikon..ain’t shot it in 10 years…it’s a “loaded”, upgrade from the standard lower grade than the National Match. You have one? Mines leaving this fall when the prices are up and after the election.

Gunny should have bought that 25-20 Marlin I had but he got mad when I told him I sold it…..hey! that’s just how I am and I don’t change for no one..he knew I was playing…..maybe he was broke and that was an “easy out”…….got $1450 for it.

Pushing 90 now and it’s time to fire up the 3350 and go back to where I was stuck the other day….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, the FN is .308. That was us. Originally, the Brits wanted in in a .280 of some sort. Yes, you can scope them. Just have to swap topcovers. Yeah the .303 is an oddball, but my kids SMLE feeds it slick as all get out.
Yeah, I have 2 actually. A 22" standard and an 18" Scout. I've had the standard since 1994. It's all GI parts. Got the Scout as soon as they came out in 2001.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Good news on that 25-20, still have one I got for $450. Balmy 85° here.