Adjusting front sight on my Marlin M1895 Cowboy 45/70

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Swagman
Levergunner 1.0

Adjusting front sight on my Marlin M1895 Cowboy 45/70

Post by Swagman »

Finally got around to adjusting the front sight on my Marlin Cowboy 45/70. Last sunday was our club Christmas shoot and sausage sizzle so I took my 45/70 along as it has been consistently shooting to the right since I picked it up. A mate bought along his tools so we could make the adjustment, did not have a lot of time to shoot it as I was running the competition events but you can see from the target that I am pretty happy with it now, I can have a play with it over the Christmas break as I have a new bullet that I want to try. Had a good day of shooting and sent off 2023 in clouds of blackpowder smoke, thankfully it was not too hot, around 80F and humid, the day before it was 106F!!, looks like summer is here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JBowen
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Adjusting front sight on my Marlin M1895 Cowboy 45/70

Post by JBowen »

Looks much better. You may find that it is too far left shooting at longer ranges. But if you are going to try another bullet or load
I wouldn't fine tune it until you get "the load" settled.
Those Marlin Cowboys are nice looking rifles.

JBowen
Swagman
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Swagman »

Hopefully will be ok, I usually don't shoot further than 200 metres. I am going to try out a load using a 350G flat nosed bullet of .459 diameter and start with 60G of FFG black powder. I agree, the Marlin Cowboy is a fine looking rifle and very comfortable to shoot as well.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

But I thought the targets would be upside-down there.... :wink:

Love the Marlins ...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Swagman
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Swagman »

They are, makes shooting a real challenge!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.