Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Old Savage »

Steaks from the grill.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

What is that GK…a peacock? What a beautiful bird…..

Old Savage wins a new page and shows off his “meat”.

Just had the Rubicon inspected and it took about 5 minutes……believe he just slapped a sticker on it as the speedometer recorded 357 miles since August of 2022….got to get a life.

Funny thing happened after I left the inspection people….there’s this turn around that gets you going back the way you came and there was a line of cars…(15-20)……that hampered me from getting back on the highway and here I notice they are all in line at Starbucks. The car ahead of me was a Porsche……I had no other choice but to go in the incoming lane and after about 75 yards some uppity woman makes a hard right and starts screaming at me despite the obvious problem I had…she only had to back up 15’ (this is in a parking lot, not on the road) but she just stood there refusing to budge ..(another snotty college educated “elite” against a redneck in a Jeep……so to keep me from getting a road rage ticket I backed up 75 yards to let the a.h.get past. These are the same people who wave at me after a snowstorm when I’m on the Kubota to get me to plow their driveway….(can I send you a check?)…….(do you take VISA?)….F. em….I tell them to move back to the city. They have 5,000 sq ft houses with four car garages with furniture in two rooms….BUT, there will be a Mercedes and a BMW in the garage.
Last edited by Sixgun on Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, found you some property out here. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks Fred….I’d be bored of that in 20 minutes………I like the green as per my sig line…..
Besides, L.A. County will confiscate it in 10 years for a homeless camp.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred,
You won! Let’s see…mmmmmmmm……….for a prize, I’ll help you find the proper channel on the tv to watch the news…for you it’s CNN…CH612

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

There’s this new series on cable that’s called “Murder at the Cabin” and is dramatized with actors. The one I watched tonight happened in Maine and towards the end of the program they interview the real people and this one guy was missing most of his front teeth and was only about 28 years old.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:39 am There’s this new series on cable that’s called “Murder at the Cabin” and is dramatized with actors. The one I watched tonight happened in Maine and towards the end of the program they interview the real people and this one guy was missing most of his front teeth and was only about 28 years old.
Yeah.......so what's your point? :D

Man! I was in bed at 9:30 last night. I worked Sunday night and headed right to camp to hunt when I got home. I was up about 30 hours. I ain't 25 anymore. This hick is getting old.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay, I used to try that "30 hrs awake" when I worked nights, it sure screws up your body clock... :lol:

Gamebirds a bit more North American but not indigenous to NZ so have to go... :(
IMG-20231107-WA0000.jpg
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My son has borrowed a couple of horses for a bit of sightseeing. I'm glad I taught him to ride, started him on a champion quarter horse when he was two.

Click on the link below to see the very short 8 second video.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/12CMXWLobEHjJVst7
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Nice scenery GK……they don’t believe in guard rails do they?………..🤪……..I never could get used to riding, probably because I had little extra time. Both of my kids are pretty much experts, having been trained here and with the pros..same with mom……Mom came home with a pure black horse one time and said, “look what I bought you!” Neve got on it

Jay, as for teeth you made an excellent comeback, “your point”.🤪. I don’t have any…zero…zip……leaving about 10 on the steering wheel of the Trans Am…..but it was funny watching that guy with “summer teeth”….some are here and some are there”…..don’t know why but I immediately thought of you…..the reality of it all is “what do you do with missing teeth if you have the capabilities” determines your locale…….It just seems like people from upstate just don’t care what they look like…….you ought to attend a corn festival upstate…..one time I looked in the trash can and the corn cobs were are zig zag. If a person didn’t care, they could reach in there and grab a half dozen cobs and fill himself up.

Sty day……..overcast……cool…….2 buzzards on the front yard….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice pic GK.
First time I was on a horse was last year in Wyoming. No lie. They are of limited use here, cause the woods are too thick to ride them. Anywhere you can ride them, you can use something else, so that's what I did. People here have them, but it's more of a status thing.

Hey Six,
Yeah, I often wondered about those guys with one or two teeth. I would think it would be better to have none.
Guy I work with is a guide and unbelievably knowledgeable on the outdoors, wildlife, forestry, and a host of other things. Wicked good guy. You should see his "teeth". The top ones are black and rotted down to nubs. The bottom aren't much better. He brings 5 egg sandwiches every night. I'm sure it's easier to eat, but it's gonna wreck his health.
Too bad.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

One of, if not the first thing I notice on a person is their teeth and hair……missing tooth does not bother me as S happens but if a persons teeth are black and with an 1/4” of grime on them I get away…fast…….if they neglect their teeth can you imagine what their underwear, sheets & pillow cases look like? If their hair is greasy I also avoid them……back to the pillow cases.🤣

At the end of a week in deer camp we are all pigs and need a shave…..some guys at work would shave once a week. At the end of a week at deer camp, the floorboards of our vehicles are littered with napkins, empty beer cans, Skoal cans, fast food wrappers, coffee cups BUT, we usually clean it out a week or so of returning home. I use a leaf blower. NO LIE OR FUNNY STORY……one guy at work lived in Philly so it was a 45 minute drive for him so he had plenty of time to crack peanut shells and leave the shells on the floorboard………year..2015…….peanut shells on the floor…accumulating since 1994…..for real, 6” of peanut shells and he was proud to show us at the end of the day…..funny thing, this guy started right after me in 1973 and worked until last year…around 75 y.o. Dropped dead a month after retiring. As our pensions grew with every year you had this guy retired with his fulls.s.s and probably 2500 from his pension.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha that's a good idea with the leaf blower!
My teeth are good. I have maybe 4 or 5 fillings and that's it. I do take good care of them. My mother worked for a dentist when I was a kid.
It's strange, the older I get, the more I hate being grubby. When I was young, deer or fishing camp I grubbed it with the best of em. Now, I can't stand it. Guess Ive gotten soft in my old age.
Yeah, I don't get these guys working like that for that last hundred bucks a month. Then they die before they collect any. Stupid.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My teeth have served me well so at 75 years I can't complain and its only the last few years that my hair has thinned but I still like to smile without the banjo music and run a comb through my hair now and again even though the chance of attracting a a female is even more remote than finding a decent sixteen gauge.... :lol:

Jay all those trees is probably why they don't make many Westerns in Maine :D I had wanted to ride since childhood but English riding never seemed right somehow, my second wife had horses all her life so I persuaded her to take up Western riding and learned how myself.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay….staying groomed when you get older is because you know you are older and don’t want to look old…vs. when you were young. When I was younger I’d wear jeans with holes in them, socks that let my big toe stick out, once a month shower, rope for a belt, and shirts with 2 buttons…….and you know what?…..I still do.

I just read that a murder case has never been solved in Maine, West Virginia or Alabama. It’s because everyone has the same DNA….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

No, it ain't that. If it was, going bald would bother me, and it doesn't. I don't shave my head, combover, or anything else. It's how being unshowered feels now. Didn't used to bother me, but does more now.
It's probably since hanging out here with all you fancy guys! :D
Just hackin on ya. :D

Haha yeah there's probably some truth to that. There's only about 3 last names in West Athens.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay,
You and the boys here can say anything you want and I don’t take it personally…drop the “hacking’…..we buds..sheeeeeeee,,m.f…..
sheeeeeeee.

I’m in the last stage…”once a man, twice a baby”…..I don’t care if my socks match or for that matter, what anyone thinks, which I never did……but you know that….…..that’s the benefit of needing no one………

It’s not how I am, people made me that way…….

Ahhhh…..gotem woke to do……..take mom to da docs….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Whoo!
Back to camp with the stove going and a hot cup of coffee. Been spitting snow all morning, but the worst is the WIND! It's crazy. Just sucks the heat right out of you. Let alone the tree is whipping around so bad I don't know as I could shoot out of it.
Dad saw one at least! Nothing for a shot, as it was crazy thick in there.
I have seen very little sign this year. It's pretty sketchy here for some reason this year. Bums me out.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well, that’s called life. If it makes you feel any better, today, while pulling out from the garage, taking mom to the doctors, a 10 point buck was just standing in the driveway and let us get maybe 20’ from him……then he bolted a hunnet mile per hour. (“Hunnet” is “hundred” in Ebonics)

While sitting here I axed mom foe a hot coffee and this is what she brought me.

Then I went outside and the bird bath was smokin’

And then the dogs pool was smokin’

Ain’t dat somethin’???!!!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Public Service Announcement

Post by Sixgun »

This is EXACTLY why Big Pharma runs down weed all the time……..

If you think CBD oil is somethin’, the new HHC is really somethin’!…it’s really not new as it was developed in 1944.

I waited a couple of weeks before announcing this as I wanted to be sure it was not b.s…….

Me and mom both have inflammation of the joints, like knees, hips and so forth..

I get anxiety from time to time…comes with age.

I lose focus and enthusiasm, both age related.

GONE and we only take a half gummy apiece……

Because of the unscrupulous character of Big Pharma, I hope this puts a dent on their bottom line….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That's awesome bud! Pharma is evil incarnate. Hope ot screws them over good. Of course, if it does, they'll just get their pocket politicians to ban it.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I've been tempted lately to put the 16 gauge on hold and pick up a 12 gauge that's a steal of a price and local. Plus I have lots of 12 gauge shells of all varieties whereas I only have bird shot for the 16. Anyway with my luck 16 gauge shotguns will fall from the sky once I spend my money on a 12.... :?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sounds like a plan GK. And, if it does make it rain 16s afterwards, so much the better!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That’s how it works GK….stop looking for it…….I’d say a good 50% of my guns came to me like that. Rain is coming….took me 30 seconds to stand up from the couch….about the only thing that still works with me is my sound maker…..I’ve used it a lot over the years and I do believe I’ve built the muscles up.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Snowed so hard I could barely see in my treestand today. My stuff got covered. Glad I didn't have a $3k Winchester with me. Had my GSR thankfully. Gave it a good clean and oil when I got home.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

WAR-MUSEUM-Cred-macrovector_official-on-freepik-scaled.jpg
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

We know that GK…….the reminders need to go to these n.f. ‘ers in the streets protesting and 90% of the college whiners who will eat S. if someone tells them it tastes good.

Did you ever notice that there are probably 50 small wars going on at the same time in Africa with arms and legs being chopped off, whole villages burnt to the ground, monkeys and rats being sold on open market for food, no clean water to drink, and about other 5,000 other atrocities going on…….most all victims of circumstance and environment………………..where’s the protests?

Old Savages words ring true more everyday……”let the log float by”……….

Ole Jay must be about frozen to a tree by now…sure hope he don’t lick the barrel of his gun the way Pitchy licked his John Deere.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Weee doggie! It WAS cold in that stand! Wind just a howling too! Middle kid cane up for the day, so it was fun.
Ain't seen much but I don't care.
Dad stayed at camp this morning. Took the 4 wheeler, little trailer, and the chainsaw, and went and cut up a downed cedar. Then split it up for kindling. He also remembered a broken off rock maple, so he got that all wrangled and back to camp. Kid and I showed up and the camp was all warm and a pot of steaming hit cowboy coffee was on.
Perfect!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I see it didn’t take you long to hillbilly up your back windshield with stickers….I only have about 8 and they all send the same message, “get away from me.”

Me and mom were at Costco yesterday to buy some of their chrome plated racks…48” x 18”…….it’s on wheels and has 6 shelves….talk about a space saver! We now have 3 of these. While we were there I actually bought my first office chair. Got the previous ones from work always complaining to “da man” about the quality …….these were in our satellite warehouse…..so when the new one came in I just threw the old one in the back of the Jeep…..did this at least once a year…..anyway, this new one has the mesh seat and backing……didn’t realize it when I bought it that now any sounds will not be cushioned…….screwed myself.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. The stickers usually go on the first week if I get a different truck. My Jeep is covered. Kristy's GC is off limits.
Speaking of the GC, I had to do some wrenching the other night after hunting. About a month ago, it threw a CEL. I scanned the code and it was a PO128, "coolant temp too low". I figured it may be a bad coolant temp sensor or thermostat. I took a chance and cleared the code, but got online and did some research, but my gut said it was the sensor, cause electronics suck, and that's what usually goes.
However, from what I could glean, this is very common with 3.6s, and it's usually the thermostat/housing assembly. Great! I HATE messing with cooling systems. My gut told me to go with a factory dealer part on this so up I went to the local Jeep/Dodge dealership that is owned by people I know. The guy at the parts counter just shook his head. What!? He said this strike is WAY worse than covid, and that parts are unobtanium with no clue on when they will get them. He said they have even been putting in aftermarket. Great!
I asked him "I assume from NAPA", cause those are the best of the cheap parts, and all I will get. He said "yup". So I smoked it to NAPA figuring now THEY were out of them (life in a small town). I got the last one. I also bought a pair of locking hose pinch off pliers. I try and buy a tool for any job I do. My dad is just the opposite, and will turn a simple hour job into a week-long ordeal to avoid buying a 3 dollar tool. Now he just comes and gets mine. Guess he's smarter than me? :D I got even, cause he had half a gallon of "special coolant" for it, so I grabbed it. God I miss the days of just one kind of green antifreeze!
Simple enough job. Pulled the plastic stuff all over the top of the motor, pulled the intake tube. Pinched the upper hose, disconnected it. Two torx bolts for the housing, and off it came. Got the new one on, cleared the codes, and fired it up to make sure the thermostat would open.
Made a little mess, but not bad. I hate cooling systems cause I have pets. Covered every drop in the garage and shut the garage. When I got it done, I left the plastic Covers off, drove to the car wash, and pressure washed the front of the motor and the lower shroud where the coolant puddles. I don't want any drips on the driveway for the animals.
The money I saved in labor will pay for the new battery I'm going to put in it. It's 10 years old and I don't dare leave it another winter.
Just another day in Jay land.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You saved a LOT more than the cost of a new battery……..I bought 2 last year and one the year before..…..one for each Jeep…….S…can’t remember what I paid ..low to mid 2’s?? My guy charges $150 an hour for labor……plus, they make money on the parts and they always manage to find other things wrong like a hose, gasket, or even windshield wipers…..

My guy is also a gun guy and to show you how they overcharge for everything…..we were talking long range rifles last year and he was telling me about his half dozen or so in that class……I asked him what kind of scopes he likes and he says they all wear Nightforce. It took me until around your age until I was able to “comfortably” afford ONE Nightforce….

There’s little room to work on todays engines…..you need every “gadget known to mankind” to reach the bolts……and yes, I’m a believer in tools. Bought many just for one job……BUT….I’m a mix between you and your dad……I’ll buy the tool needed but I’ll also take a week to do a one day job. I spent 62 years being rushed for everything I did and no more of that S.

I’ve never touched a bolt on the Rubicon except a screw for the heater switch….paid my guy to do the brake system……

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Man, did I lie on that last quote. I put the lift kit on which was a combination of suspension and body plus the aftermarket front Warn bumper and back bumper with tire carrier……rotated the tires 20 times along with fluid changes………maybe I should have said, “removing bolts for repairs”….

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

These are the people who should be running the country……..if they were, the second picture would not be happening.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey! A whole load of Mama Mills voters! They better hurry while there's room for em.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ain’t that somethin’?..25-30 of em jammed up like rats…..from what I hear, Philly is at full capacity………3/4 of Phillys population is below poverty level and these idiots are throwing gas on the fire…………………………….and no one complains, not even the destitute who have been here generations……..last Tuesday, a new mayor was voted in for Philly…..a black female……….

I will take it to my grave……..there’s a whole lot more than meets the eye with those Covid vaccines. …….never have I seen a change in attitudes towards these foreign parasites like we have…………look here bro, you and I are living good and WE are pizzed so how does this current “free for all” go with the people who are barely making it? ………..boff of us don’t have to deal with it as can’t afford to live where we do……and here these poor U.S. citizens demonstrating on the streets to give what little they have to undeserving, unpatriotic, and ungrateful parasites?……

There’s something in that vaccine that takes away common sense…….either that or these demonstrators are like…really, really stupid.

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Those people are on every street corner that has a traffic light in town. They have their little signs out and they leave the cups and wrappers that the bleeding heart do-gooders have given them, right there where they've been sitting. I guess the do-gooders think they'll go to heaven for their generosity to the poor but all it does is keep them on the streets. Most of them are from warmer climates so I think this winter will be hard on them. Sleepy Joe's debacle.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Like I've said.....
It's over. People just don't care anymore. They are figuring out you can't work and get ahead. They just punish you and take more. They have acted like it'll just never end. They can just tax more, take more, spend more, and everyone will just keep working harder, but it's not the case. Crime will keep increasing because it's the only way to get ahead and keep what you earn.
All these freeloaders pouring in here aren't going to have the high life for long. It's soon going to be just like where they left. And some places here already are.

Let the games begin......
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Don’t these people have no shame? ………standing on a corner like a bum………

Me and mom are watching “Northwoods Law” in Maine…….up in Gotham there’s a mess of low life’s living in the woods on private property……….the dirt road leading to the illegal campsite looked just like Jays road. I said to mom, “that road looks just like Jays road.” and mom starts laughing saying, “wouldn’t that be funny if they walked up on Jays cabin and Jay comes out from behind the cabin with a face mask and big leather gloves on fresh from finishing a batch of meth.”😆

Then the wardens found a pot growing farm in the woods and a guy was running away from the cameras and the wardens……he turned sideways briefly and you know who he looked like? 😂

I told mom that Jay told me about Athens where the population is 662 and there’s only 42 teeth in the whole group.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

In Canaan, a bunch of low life’s with a medical weed card….(maybe 18 y.o.huh?) we’re fishing without a license.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. I tell ya bro, I can't believe that isn't the most popular show on TV.
We had some excitement here in town too!
There was a high speed chase and some guy who was in a man lift down on the island was filming it with his phone. He was working on the old woolen mill and standing in a man lift. The runner was driving a half ton Chevy 4x4 pickup. He comes across the north channel bridge onto the island with 2 town cruisers behind him like Roscoe P. Coltrane. The guy is filming it from the manlift and for some unknown reason, the runner with the pickup yards the wheel and comes into the old mill parking lot. I can't imagine where he thought he was going. There's a 100 foot drop on the right into the rocks in the Kennebec river and on the left is the mill. Anyway, he tried to turn left and slammed into the manlift the guy was filming from! Man! That phone video went haywire then! That poor guy was WAY up there and was probably taking a dump in his pants. It didn't tip over luckily, and the cops got him.

The next day, thus guy buys this old 1970s house trailer that he is going to haul out on rt. 2 to use for "storage".....yeah, right. The trailer is on the south side of town and the river. He is hauling it to the north side, through town, and out rt.2 to the east.
Like I've said, ole Skowvegas is the intersection of a major east/west and north/south corridor. Rt.201 and rt.2 respectively. These two roads converge, overlap, and cross the island with its two bridges. The island is almost round and no more than a few hundred yards in diameter.
This idiot got this old house trailer over the south channel bridge and onto the north channel bridge, when, you guessed it......it fell apart right there. Scattered everything you can imagine all over the bridge. Shut down traffic in 4 directions for hours. Finally, they gave up and just pushed it all with a front end loader off the bridge. Then broke it up with an excavator and scooped it into a big dumpster.
They'll have to find a new meth lab now. Or a new home for 35 of Janet's kids.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh man! Good ole Janishialippenpool W. Jackson gots new digs foe her and her 35…….$800 a month for each of the 35.

Roscoe P Coltrane😜…….or like that cat on the movie, Smokey and the Bandit with Burt Reynolds and Jackie Gleason…..remember Gleason’s stupid son?

Cold here..30….I’m hittin it early tonight…1:30

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

It's 20 here. Wish I was going to bed. Be outta here at 5:30 and then may head for camp. Long day.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You have the rest of the week off….go home and sleep……I don’t enjoy nothing unless I’m rested…….like I am now, despite only sleeping 7.5 hours instead of my normal 10.

Think I’ll fire up the splitter and play.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I made enquiries today about a 16 gauge hammer gun it's dirt cheap and no photos and a couple of hundred miles away but what with the dentist bill to pay and finding nothing here I'm getting desperate, it is the same as the one I let go.
I also had to enquire about the RFD transfer from a dealer over an hour away as I don't know any gun dealers local too well.
squirrels003.jpg
Couldn't believe how mild it was this morning 58f when I got up, it won't last long though.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oooohhhh! Purty!

I went out and sat for 3 hours in the cold. Nothing. Again.
I don't know why I keep doing it.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That’s a clean looking s.s….is that the one you sold?

As for teeth……fill it or pull it…….I said that 24 times…the other 8 are still on the steering wheel of the Trans Am.

Or you could just let em wear down to a nub then you could spend the rest of your days eating soup.

Jay…you keep doing it because it’s in your blood, plus it’s a 180 from how you spend your time Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from midnight to 8….but it may or not hit you like it did me as you have your own property to hunt on. I got sick of it on nice 40 degree days with sunshine and no wind…..BUT……….you will find yourself not starting as early…..my dad would go out around 1 or 2 and hunt till dark.

For real, if I could and I know Jay would……..send GK a shotgun…..I have a minty pre war Model 24 Winchester…..the package would be 30” long…

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Did you ever contemplate clearing out a half acre and plant alfalfa and beans…….you have the tractor….rent the plow and discs……

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. Ole GK deserves what he wants. I guess the "nicest" 16ga SxS I have is an old Spanish Sarasqueta. It's not much, especially compared to an English sidelock, but it's a nice gun and best of all, it has 26" barrels.

Lots of guys doing that here now Six.
I actually already have a good spot. Down by the stream there is a nice little clearing. There's water and lots of cover. I'd like to get it planted and throw in a couple crabapple trees. Then make a box blind on stilts for dad.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That’ll be next years project. 😜….. even with a partial clearing, it’s lots of work……

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey, where'd everyone go? Oh! Out looking for a shotgun for GK. :D
Well, I ain't hunting today. We are getting ready for the whole Alaska tribe to come for a 2 week visit. Kristy and I are actually moving across the lawn to my parents so the kids can have our house. Much easier where they have 3 kids.
I saw yesterday that a USCG CH-60 from Sitka crashed. Nobody killed but they're all messed up. I'm so glad my kid is off those things. I hate helicopters. They are barely in the air on a good day. I told him I didn't care what he did, but if he was smart, he'd avoid helicopters. I wasn't thrilled when he drew that duty.
Anytime there are cutbacks or personell shortages, that's the first place it shows up. A crash is bad enough, but when you're the one on a cable under it, it's really bad.
Thankfully, when he advanced thus summer, he got to go back to the COMSTA cause they have nobody that knows what went on there. He has just 5 years left till retirement. Then they are coming back here. We are glad. We miss them all.