Making sense of the pistol brace rule…

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Making sense of the pistol brace rule…

Post by AJMD429 »

Obviously, anyone who is paying attention to the news and the social media discussion on “common sense gun control” knows that although the Ruger PC Charger 9 mm actually is chambered in 9mm, and utilizes standard Glock 9 mm magazines, once the pistol brace is put on it, it turns it into a “higher caliber” firearm that is “more powerful”, and “holds more bullets”.

So the end result is that an arm brace makes a handgun “more deadly than a regular handgun” because of that increase in caliber and power and magazine capacity. I feel thankful to live in a nation where there are courageous politicians, who are willing to keep abreast of firearms, technology, and criminology, so that they can protect my by keeping me informed.

Now if I were a criminal, and had been considering using my Glock pistol to commit a crime, it might occur to me that I would want something more powerful, and since no less of an expert than the current president indicated that an arm brace makes a handgun more powerful, I would’ve gone with that option. So I’m guessing at this point, that the criminals, who have been keeping up with such things have all decided to go with the arm brace, which, of course means they are going to be registering them, so the government can keep track of who owns them and keep us all safer, because this way, all of the violent criminals, who went out and registered their guns as SBR’s, will decide not to commit crimes anymore. That is so brilliant…!

Now I can certainly understand why a criminal would seek career advice from a politician, since they do more or less the same things, and live in the same moral universe, but I tend to like to think and analyze for myself, which doesn’t really mix with the way politicians do things. So……instead of just believing what the politicians told me, I decided to ask some other people…..I asked different people who work in law-enforcement, and do firearms training and understand ballistics, and even some physicians who have seen the results of humans being shot with 9 mm versus 44 magnum, and after those conversations. I read articles by expert criminologist on these and related topics, and to my complete shock and disbelief, pretty much all of the people who actually dealt with firearms and crime and ballistics, and actually understood the terminology, had pretty much the opposite opinion of the politicians….!

I have to admit, though, at first the people who actually handle the firearms, had studied criminology, or had other real world experience almost fooled me. I know it is silly, but at first glance, it seems that once you put an arm brace on a handgun, it makes it awfully hard to conceal. The other deadly advantage that I don’t fully understand, is how the magazines I put in the Charger somehow hold more cartridges (and they become larger caliber) as soon as I attach the arm brace. That really does seem kind of weird, if you think about it, but that was my mistake. I was thinking, and we no longer live in a society where that’s necessary, because the progressssssives in academia now do that for us.

CLEARLY, as you can see from the photos, the 9mm gun with the arm brace is a lot easier to conceal than the much less powerful 44 magnum revolver.
8AFC0686-3392-401A-B49B-B7F6377B78B4.jpeg
You can’t tell from the photographs, but when you take the magazine out of the Glock pistol, and insert it into the Charger pistol, it changes from 9 mm to 300 Winchester Magnum, and holds 75 rounds instead of just 17. That is so cool. (Sadly, It doesn’t make it fully-semi-automatic though, which is disappointing, because I thought any gun that was black, and had “one of those barrel shroud thingies” would be fully-semi-automatic and use hollow point magazines that make the billets go faster so you can’t hear them…)

Unlike the politicians, who are knowledgeable and honest when they talk about gun control, the National Rifle Association always lies about it, but you can clearly see from the picture that even with the arm brace folded, the Charger pistol is obviously more easily concealed than the less powerful 44 Magnum.
F2DCC300-1412-4E73-8F3F-BBF43BDA4209.jpeg
Now many people might say it’s unfair to compare the Charger to a Redhawk, because the RedHawk is an unusually small handgun, but the fact that the Charger is smaller than even this micro-compact revolver, clearly shows that the politicians are correct, as usual.

So…

a) as long as the criminals continue to rely on politicians for career advice,

b) as long as the politicians continue to have a superb understanding of firearms mechanics, ballistics, criminology, and the history of gun control, and

c) as long as criminals continue to obey firearms laws so conscientiously,

I think everything’s going to be fine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:53 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
samsi
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Making sense of the pistol brace rule…

Post by samsi »

Duh, put a brace on the Redhawk, effectively making it both more concealable AND the ballistic equivalent of an .88 Magnum (or more).

I have other brace questions. Does a brace make a non-magazine fed arm spontaneously sprout a high-capacity clipazine?
When the clipazine is empty does it generate a new one, like a planarian?
Maybe braces are some kinda organic/biological mutation like the X-Men?

I needs to know!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

samsi wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:28 pm Duh, put a brace on the Redhawk, effectively making it both more concealable AND the ballistic equivalent of an .88 Magnum (or more).

I have other brace questions. Does a brace make a non-magazine fed arm spontaneously sprout a high-capacity clipazine?
When the clipazine is empty does it generate a new one, like a planarian?
Maybe braces are some kinda organic/biological mutation like the X-Men?

I needs to know!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I think maybe the brace change the magazine into a belt that mechanism.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

AJMD429 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:53 pm .
I think maybe the brace changes the magazine into a belt fed mechanism.

JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

As Senator Kennedy said the other day, "Unless you self-identify as an idiot you can see what they are up to!"
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Good one, Jim. Or as I put it, how can you make cents of something that doesn't make cents? :? :P