Great Handloading Day!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Great Handloading Day!

Post by COSteve »

Everyone knows what Indian Summer is; it's when it hits 70° after the first frost in the fall. Well, here in Colorado we have 'interesting' weather so I coined the phrase 'Indian Winter' for a phenomenon that's become rather common here in the spring.

I define Indian Winter as when it snows after a spring day at or over 80°. Tuesday it was sunny and 84° and Wednesday it was sunny and 85°. Today it's overcast and snowing fairly hard and tonight it's predicted to snow more!! :o

I love the Rocky Mountains. :D
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Great Handloading Day!

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes Steve the old adage of ' if ya don't like the weather- just wait 15 minutes ' sure holds true in CO!
I have pictures of a buddy of mine on the first day of summer with a couple inches of snow covering his hat. We were about 10,000 ft fishing a lake.
I really miss life at altitude!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Yep, up that high it's really a stuff shoot on the weather. Here in our valley southwest of the Denver metro area, we're only at 6,100 ft so you'd think it would be less volatile. BTW, I forgot to mention that yesterday it hit 80° in Denver as well.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Mid 90s here today, went striper fishing and got a bit of sunburn! Way too hot for April !!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Likin' my reliable 80s here in west central TX and the tomaters do too. After more than 60 years in the Pacific Northwest, I'll take warm to hot any day. But I agree, a cold day is a great excuse to fire up the Crockpot and then get out to the garage and cast!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

We had that last week before Easter. Thursday had a high of 85 degrees; Saturday's high was 45 degrees!
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I try to do my loading in cooler weather as my garage setup is not ideal when the summer arrives in San Antonio.