Interesting Email from a $$$$$$$$ gun dealer

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Interesting Email from a $$$$$$$$ gun dealer

Post by Old Ironsights »

He sells Kreighoff, Sauer, & Merkel, among other doubles/drillings...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Notice to California Gun Buyers

CA Residents Purchasing a Firearm from J-Mar Enterprises.

Until California Penal Code Section 12072(f)(1) is repealed add $250 per Gun

Regards,

Joe Martinelli

J-Mar Enterprises - Home of the Drilling Hot Line
http://www.drillinghotline.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Interesting Email from a $$$$$$$$ gun dealer

Post by Rusty »

If you have to ask you can't afford it anyway.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

What's another $250 on a $10K shotgun? But I like his thought process...;)
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I hear the queen's haveing a tough year, too....Oh well.... :|
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

He's not the only one. I think I know of 5-6 FFLs of varying degrees of business volume who will no longer sell to Californians. Guess the lawmakers will have their way and only the criminals will have the lead bullets in about 3 years time...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Hobie wrote:He's not the only one. I think I know of 5-6 FFLs of varying degrees of business volume who will no longer sell to Californians. Guess the lawmakers will have their way and only the criminals will have the lead bullets in about 3 years time...
Bingo.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
jjames
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jjames »

I can't wait to get out of my native state. It used to be such a great place until everyone decided to move here with their politics. Was just looking at AA and saw an H&R Buffalo Classic 45-70 at a decent price. Read the ad which ended with No Sales to California. CDNN won't sell here. Two more years and my youngest turns 18. At least as far as child raising goes I am free to move.
JP_TX
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JP_TX »

It's a sad fact that Califonia has become the overregulated, overlegislated, mismanaged, hyperexpensive place that it is today. I lived there for more than 30 years and watched it happening and watched my neighbors in SoCal and NoCal both pay no attention to the tightening noose of REALLY Big state government run entirely from the Bay area.

Now hardly a week goes by that I don't hear some story of how the state is tightening the noose ever more on Californians that have done nothing but put their own head in the noose by voting for those @#$%@^%^^ liberals in Sacto over and over again.

Sorry boys, California has become another country. I just don't recognized it anymore. It's sorta like Canada or France. It don't seem like it's America, at least not the America I grew up in.

God help the rest of the country is the LIberals win in November. Just bend over and grab your ankles. We've done it to ourselves.

In the words of that great American Walt Kelly. "We have found the enemy and he is us!"

JP
JP_TX
444 Marlin
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Well, at least he'll still sell to californy. There's a whole passel of dealers who won't. It will be interesting to see how this pans out.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

AmBraCol wrote:Well, at least he'll still sell to californy. There's a whole passel of dealers who won't. It will be interesting to see how this pans out.
He pretty much has to. It's a small market and there is a passel of Hollyweird types who like Hyper Expensive Doubles and Drillings. IIRC Spielberg is one of them.

Remember, it's all about the Power Elite. Guns for Me and not for Thee.

If the Power Elite could add a zero to the price ofevery gun, they would. Better than a Ban because it would keep them in guns but keep the guns out of the hands of the proles (See Soviet Russia).
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Old Ironsights wrote:
AmBraCol wrote:Well, at least he'll still sell to californy. There's a whole passel of dealers who won't. It will be interesting to see how this pans out.
He pretty much has to. It's a small market and there is a passel of Hollyweird types who like Hyper Expensive Doubles and Drillings. IIRC Spielberg is one of them.

Remember, it's all about the Power Elite. Guns for Me and not for Thee.

If the Power Elite could add a zero to the price ofevery gun, they would. Better than a Ban because it would keep them in guns but keep the guns out of the hands of the proles (See Soviet Russia).

That's the fact of life here. My little Llama 38 set me back nearly $1,000 four years ago. I couldn't have swung it if it weren't for the help of friends in the US who chipped into the pot so I could. Any semiauto pistol will set you back a couple thousand - or more. A Glock currently is worth about $5,000 from what folks tell me. And yep, they're in the hands of folks with money. Common folk? Well, our local police have confiscated 33,000 knives and such this year alone...
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com