Happy "Ruger Day"!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Happy "Ruger Day"!

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Happy "Ruger Day"!

Today is 22 October, or as commonly written on this side of the pond, "10/22". Thus - "Ruger Day"! :)

The Ruger 10/22 was introduced the same year I was - 1964. Since then over 7 million of them have been sold in various configurations. Next to the AR-15, it is probably the most accessorized long arm in America.

The last rifle my Dad gave me before he died was a Ruger 10/22. It is still one of my favorite. And one of the first rifles I gave Y2K was an all-weather 10/22. I have the Target model, Take-Down and Charger in addition to the original carbine model. Well, I did prior to a nasty boating accident during the pandemic. Who would have thought that taking all your firearms out to sea on a rickety boat during a hurricane was a bad idea? :roll:

Cheers to the Ruger 10/22!!! :D
JimT
Shootist

Re: Happy "Ruger Day"!

Post by JimT »

thumbsup.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Jay,
How do you like the Charger? They look like fun.

I have two, a take down that I customized and my first one that is set up as a Scout Rifle. If anyone here remembers a guy that went by the name Chief AJ that used to do some amazing things with the 10-22. He was quite a character and used to stop and see him at every Gun Collector's Show. He was the one that got me hooked on the Scout Rifle and now have several set up that way.
I miss those guys and those shows of the early '90s when you could pick up a good Enfield or Nagant for less that $100 or a good 1911 or A1 for less than $500!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

2ndovc wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:53 pm Jay,
How do you like the Charger? They look like fun.
Hi Jason. Honestly, I never even considered getting one, until I saw this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee3jMgidOVk&t=1s

Well, I couldn't get one fast enough after that! :wink: I have not shortened the barrel (probably won't), and still need to install the binary trigger (I have it but have not installed it yet).

Remember when the gun shows had piles of 1903's for $100? Sigh...
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Gun show was a few minutes from me today, and I didn't even bother to go. Prices are still too high.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
arclight
Levergunner

Post by arclight »

Had one long ago and far away, fitted with an integral silencer by Sionics, for limited military applications. Had a low-power Realist variable, as I recall.