OT-FBI captured the Scarecrow Bandits. Good Job!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
piller
Posting leader...

OT-FBI captured the Scarecrow Bandits. Good Job!

Post by piller »

In the Dallas/FT. Worth metro area there has been a group of takeover bandits robbing banks for several months. 21 known robberies, and these guys were apparently well informed and maybe well trained. Their tactics were to come into the bank wearing disguises which looked like scarecrows and quickly take over with threats of extreme violence. off the top of my head, I don't know if they actually shot anyone. The FBI in the Dallas area caught them and arrested them today. Kudos to the FBI. Another group of people who were stealing from the rest of society is no longer pursuing their chosen profession.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Chalk one up for the good guys!

My Dad was a FBI Agent - I always like to hear them winning one! :D
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

It is always good to hear when the bad guys are caught.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Montanan
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Montanan »

Good news Image
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Hobie wrote:It is always good to hear when the bad guys are caught.
Better when they are killed by their intended victims... :twisted:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Glad they were caught. I have personal experience with someone very close, as a bank teller, who was held up twice at gun point.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

My sister was a manager for a mall branch in Cali and had a revolver stuck in her face during a robbery. It's a bit unnerving not knowing whether your going to get punched in the face with a bullet or not.
Old Law Dawg
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

Two thumbs up for the boys in blue.

Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Kudo's to these G-Men 8) !
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
oldgerboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldgerboy »

How about this one from the Darwin Awards ...

3 February 1990, Washington

The following mind-boggling attempt at a crime spree appeared to be the robber's first, due to his lack of a previous record of violence, and his terminally stupid choices:

1. His target was H&J Leather & Firearms. A gun shop.

2. The shop was full of customers - firearms customers.

3. To enter the shop, the robber had to step around a marked police patrol car parked at the front door.

4. A uniformed officer was standing at the counter, having coffee before work.

Upon seeing the officer, the would-be robber announced a holdup, and fired a few wild shots. The officer and a clerk promptly returned fire, covered by several customers who also drew their guns, thereby removing the confused criminal from the gene pool.

No one else was hurt.

... The resultant count, as I recall, was something like 23 hits from 7 different firearms.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Another group of people who were stealing from the rest of society is no longer pursuing their chosen profession.
Maybe someday they'll snag the City Counsel or the School Board gangs.

Oh, wait... those groups are among "the chosen"...

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Senior Levergunner

fbi

Post by 2571 »

Glad they got caught. Typical of FBI -- they got away with 20 holdups before being caught.
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

Ysabel, thanks for your father's service to our society & country. jd45
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Whoever said typical FBI is correct, unless it was meant in a derogatory way which would indicate the person making the statement is uninformed. The local police respond to bank robberies. The Bureau gets notified when the locals get around to remembering to call them. Agents arrive long after the incident is over and usually after the locals have been through everything and initiated contact with employees, patrons and witnesses. Onlly after several robberies can it be established that the bad guys are one in the same. Then a plan has to be created and resources deployed. If the crystal ball is not working properly, it is hard to predict where the next one will be. If all of the pieces of the puzzle come together, arrests may be made. There is a higher standard in the Norther District of TX courts than the Eastern District in terms of the amount of evidence (probable cause articulation) needed for search and arrest warrants. Dallas/Ft. Worth area is in both districts. It is common to attempt to round up all the players at once instead of picking them off one at a time. That prevents fleeing, whether leaving the country or just staying on the run, making the individual more difficult to catch up with. There is a lot more behind the scenes that goes on that I won't discuss. I'd say they did a great job figuring out who done it and getting them off the streets.
El Mac
Levergunner 2.0

Re: fbi

Post by El Mac »

2571 wrote:Glad they got caught. Typical of FBI -- they got away with 20 holdups before being caught.
Spoken like a true mallninja!