In the immortal words of Brittany Spears......

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Curiousgb
Levergunner 1.0

In the immortal words of Brittany Spears......

Post by Curiousgb »

Whoops I did it again! I swear I wasn't going to go to the gun show. But the real estate agents kept wanting to show my house (which is a good thing) so I had to find someplace to while away the time......

Well this Marlin caught my eye. Model 336CS in 35rem. I have always wanted a 35rem. It wasn't new but had never been fired. Looks 100%, after some discussion and 350.00. It followed me out the door. Now I have to order Dies, brass and bullets. Anyone have a favorite bullet and powder combo?

I would post pics but my wife has my camera in Gitmo.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Congrats on a fine rifle. I am partial to the 35's myself.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

200 gr Remington and 39.0 gr of 4064. Any other RN will do as also.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Hobie

Post by Hobie »

200 gr. Hornady or Remington RN over 38 gr. H4895. Congratulations!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

Don't laugh at the 35 Remington. I want to say that the record black bear in Vermont was taken with a 35 Remington .
Curiousgb
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Curiousgb »

Thanks, I have just did a thorough cleaning, and I can say with some certainty this gun was never shot. I will be putting in an order for bullets brass and dies shortly. I am not big on scoping Levers but I have a nice Leupold VX-II 1x4 that would fit nicely on this rifle.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I always thought of the .35 Rem as a gun in search of a need, but then I ALSO always wanted a levergun in .357 Maximum. If you think about it, the .35 Remington is basically that, plus some more power to boot. Sending .357 bullets around 200 grains downrange WAY faster than a .357 Mag can send 180's, can't be anything but lethal for deer!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Paco is really impressed with the .35. I can't remember where He wrote about it a good bit. It was either online, in the CD, or in the book, maybe all three. Factory loads are just a starting place according to him.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

I always liked to add a little more beef to anything I do. I enjoy being overgunned, more is better, bigger is better, and size counts!!. So, it's natural for me to look at a .35 quicker, than I would a 30-30, I've got 4 rifles in 35 Rem.. Kinda dumb though, how many do I need? (don't answer that!!)
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Congratulations! Looking forward to the pics (Gitmo huh - that's tough on a camera! :shock: )
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Re: In the immortal words of Brittany Spears......

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Tell her to watch out what she is taking pictures of around GITMO. We dont need anything else leaking out to the press. :shock:
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
Curiousgb
Levergunner 1.0

Re: In the immortal words of Brittany Spears......

Post by Curiousgb »

horsesoldier03 wrote:

Tell her to watch out what she is taking pictures of around GITMO. We dont need anything else leaking out to the press. :shock:
Don't worry about that. She is Military Police and in charge of Base Security. He motto is "NO DRAMA." But then I haven't told her about the new addition to the familiy. :shock:
She is finally transferring, and they accidentally packed her camera so she borrowed mine to take pictures of houses in Memphis. Hopefully I will get it back next week.
Montanan
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Montanan »

Very good caliber... saved my bacon several years ago and the aggressor took a dirt nap.
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Congrats on the new rifle 8) !I can't wait until you post pictures.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Tumbleweeds
Levergunner 1.0

The .35 Remington was the most powerful semiauto in the

Post by Tumbleweeds »

world when it was introduced, in 1906. It comes recommended as an excellent (possibly the best) eastern deer/bear/hog rifle by Jack O'Conner, Don Zutz, and me :D

You got a good deal. Enjoy.
OK, OK, I made the jump.
71fan
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 71fan »

brucew44guns wrote: ...I've got 4 rifles in (fill in caliber here)...Kinda dumb though, how many do I need?
That sort of language has no place on this forum...shame on you :wink: :)
Chad
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

brucew44guns, need isn't even something to be considered. If I had only the guns that I needed, I would not have nearly as much fun as I do.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
JP_TX
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JP_TX »

If you're lookin for info and loads there's a fella on the Marlinowners site "35remington" who has done really a wonderful job of updating info on the 35rem complete with bullet and load recommendation. I would suggest you check it out. You'll have to do a search but it is well worth it. It changed my load thinking regarding bullet selection, powder and charge weight in the 35 rem. I printed out his articles. (2 I believe)

I highly recommend it to all 35 shooters.

JP
JP_TX
444 Marlin