HUMOR? - Everything you wanted in a .50bmg but a Lever...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

HUMOR? - Everything you wanted in a .50bmg but a Lever...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Rust camo pattern, check.
Taped on handguard, check.
Ability to turn into a frag grenade and self destruct, check.
Questionable legality, check.
All for around $200. :shock:

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displ ... um=8625823

But boy can Bubba Build a gun... :roll:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

What is scrap steel going for these days? I dont want to be any where near that thing when it fires(blows)!! :shock:
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I think it would make a nice centerpiece in the garden.

...with birds sittin' on it...

... crappin'...

:P
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Basswrangler
Levergunner

Post by Basswrangler »

You gotta be kidding me....

Who knows, maybe it's a rock solid rifle, just unfinished. If it were polished out and didn't have that silly looking M16 forearm, it might not look so...."unprofessional." Still, I hope the buyer doesn't live anywhere near me. :shock:
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

C'mon fellas, where's your sense of adventure? I'll bet I could fit a lever off my Marlin to it and affix my spare Winchester magazine tube on it somewhere to make it work. :lol:
Iron_Marshal
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Iron_Marshal »

OMG, HOW can this thing be legal? IF it is legal HOW CAN it be SAFE? He welded a (previously) removable front grip from an M-16 onto the thing just to make it look cool. It serves no purpose. Then there is the fact that is must weigh 90 pounds and be six feet long. What a piece of pelosi...

IF the seller is legal he ought to be ashamed of himself. If he is illegal, he ought to go to jail..for risking the safety of the buyer! I would not worry about the rifle hurting anyone but the person behind the trigger.
Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936
Gun Runner

Post by Gun Runner »

Not only does the gun look like a piece of $hit, his home made knives dont look much better.

Gun Runner
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Man that is scary. Some poor soul is going to try using that fool contraption and blow themselves up! :shock:
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

Man that is scary. Some poor soul is going to try using that fool contraption and blow themselves up!
Anyone fool enough to pull the trigger on that thing should be blown up, otherwise the fool might breed :cry:
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
Texican
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Texican »

:shock: Good Lord! :shock:

Who the He77 would bid $350 on a self-obliterating jack handle?!! I can almost hear the lucky winner: "I gots me a Fitty!! I pert near stole it from the recovering amnesiac who almost built it."

Although, at the same time it's nice to see the use of the old 'brain damaged seller' sales technique. There used to be a used car salesman north of town that had the same pitch.

I see a Darwin award story coming...
Texican

Gentlemanly Rogue, Projectilist of Distinction, and Son of Old Republic

deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

Maybe Gunblast.com should buy it and do a full report..! :D
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

Maybe he can mass produce them and sell them to the "splodeydopes"?
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

cnjarvis wrote:Maybe he can mass produce them and sell them to the "splodeydopes"?
Oddly enough, I've seen both better, and worse, made and sold up in the Khyber Pass region... :shock:
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

If the barrel is any good, it's worth $350. A decent used M2 barrel goes for over $500, so if it can be salvaged and rechambered I'd say it's worth it. However having seen that he welded all kinds of stuff to it, it's probably ruined. If that guy was a machinist, I hope I never bought anything he made, and he sure as heck isn't artistic nor is he imaginative. I also don't believe the story, nor do I think the person selling it is the original butcher.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

Wow what a piece of junk!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Yep, that guy's definitely got drain bamage.:shock:
gundownunder wrote:
Man that is scary. Some poor soul is going to try using that fool contraption and blow themselves up!
Anyone fool enough to pull the trigger on that thing should be blown up, otherwise the fool might breed :cry:
That's the one thing about "science" that I totally agree with: Natural selection. 8)
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

I see nothing illegal here unless his locale prohibits .50s or he is unable to posses a weapon by law. Is this build as stupid and as ugly as the day is long? Yes. Illegal? No.

By BATFEandsometimesY reg you can build your own weapons provided YOU do the work YOURSELF (and can legally own a weapon, local jurisdictions don't forbid it, you don't put a happy switch on it unless you are a Class 2 or 7 manufacturer with an SOT stamp, yat-tata, yat-tata, yat-tata) and don't sell it UNLESS you properly mark it (manufacture name and sn) AND you don't make a habit of selling your home builds.

Plenty of folks with more time, talent, equipment and skill than I take the 80% AR15, 10/22, and 1911 receivers and legally turn them into functioning weapons. Same with the 80% (or less) AK receiver flats to build a semi-auto only AK copy or receiver tubes for building legal, semi-auto only SMG clones (either in pistol form to use the original length barrel, building a carbine version with a 16" bbl to avoid angering the revenooers with an unregistered SBR or just registering it as an SBR to keep the original look).

They grey areas are: How many builds per year contitue manufacturing and how many sales per year constitute manufacturing for sale?

I can see a liability issue with the sale listed but that's about it...
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

awp101 wrote:I see nothing illegal here unless his locale prohibits .50s or he is unable to posses a weapon by law. Is this build as stupid and as ugly as the day is long? Yes. Illegal? No....
His Location says CA... aren't .50bmgs on the Cali "we hate you" list?
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Ah, I didn't look at the location. I had a hard time seeing anything after trying to poke out my mind's eye after seeing "it"...:lol:

I know CA banned fifty's but I think there was a grandfather clause. Maybe it falls under that? Or he could be as crazy as he sounds. :shock:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at