Dating 44-40 Ammo Boxes

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bryan Austin
Levergunner 2.0

Dating 44-40 Ammo Boxes

Post by Bryan Austin »

Guys I need your help again.

I am compiling a data sheet of all Winchester Western 44-40 ammo boxes from 1928 to now at the below link. The only way I can finish this list is to get help from the 44-40 community. The ink stamp code is on the inside of one of the flaps.
The data can be seen here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...l ... 1860800684

A photo example is attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bryan Austin
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Dating 44-40 Ammo Boxes

Post by Bryan Austin »

Here is the 2016 150th. We know the year but the code tells us the day and month too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bryan Austin
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Dating 44-40 Ammo Boxes

Post by Bryan Austin »

Here is an example of the spreadsheet. Kind of neat to watch all come together...

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg