buying pre-owned Rossi 1892 competition guns

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

buying pre-owned Rossi 1892 competition guns

Post by mickbr »

Fellas what are your thoughts on buying former 1892 cowboy action guns. I was looking to get another Rossi 1892 in 357 or two. I saw some good deals online, would have to buy without handling though. What would be the pitfalls of a former competition gun be? They see a lot of shooting, but mostly low pressure cast loads.I know they dont get modified like 1873's do but assume they have tuning jobs and lightening of various springs. Anything that would prevent the gun from being able to use full power loads?
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Re: buying pre-owned Rossi 1892 competition guns

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I picked up Jim Taylor's old Rossi 92 and I am not bothered in the least to put any load through it.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: buying pre-owned Rossi 1892 competition guns

Post by Griff »

My only concern would be headspace. But, in general most 1892s being sold by cowboy action shooters are to fund an 1873... as they can be modified to be better competition rifles.

I've only kept mine as they were my wife's and son's... and the one I use for hunting...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!