What Shooters Like

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Texican
Levergunner 2.0

What Shooters Like

Post by Texican »

Thought y'all might find this interesting:

The HunterSurvey.com findings for 2007 show a wide variety of preferences in equipment used by shooters. In the survey, shooters were offered the opportunity to name their favorite choices in firearms, bows and accessories. It’s a wide variety of tastes – like the diverse group of Americans who consider themselves “shootersâ€
Texican

Gentlemanly Rogue, Projectilist of Distinction, and Son of Old Republic

lever-4-life
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lever-4-life »

That is very intresting! I would have sworn that remington would have been top shotgun
Break on through to the other side!!!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Hmmmmm, I would have answered most of those questions different from the majority. Too bad they didn't ask me.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

lever-4-life wrote:That is very intresting! I would have sworn that remington would have been top shotgun
+1
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

Was this survey asked to serious shooters? Some of the leading brands on there tend to be the more economical. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Every gun I have has been aquired economically. But it seems to me that the more serious shooters seem to lean toward the stuff that isn't necessarily the most popular or the cheapest.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
Texican
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Texican »

shooter wrote:Was this survey asked to serious shooters? Some of the leading brands on there tend to be the more economical. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Every gun I have has been aquired economically. But it seems to me that the more serious shooters seem to lean toward the stuff that isn't necessarily the most popular or the cheapest.
So do car buffs, wine snobs, etc. The general consumer will always hold more market share than the dedicated connoisseur.
Texican

Gentlemanly Rogue, Projectilist of Distinction, and Son of Old Republic

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I'd say since it's an open survey on the internet, no... it could have been asked of anyone.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

I READ THIS THE FIRST TIME WHEN IT WAS ON PUT UP ON SHOOTING USA[?] A WHILE BACK. I THOUGHT IT TO BE STRANGE THEN AND THINK IT TO BE EVEN MORE SO NOW AS I RE-READ IT. I SMELL A BIG RAT HERE BUT I CANNOT PUT MY FINGER DIRECTLY UPON THAT WHICH MAKES ME THINK SO.
I AM A SERIOUS LONG TIME SHOOTER. THOSE WOULD NOT BE MY ANSWERS TO THE OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF THOSE QUESTIONS.
JOE MILLER HAS BEEN AROUND A LONG TIME TOO ; HE CONCURES.
I WILL MAKE A SMALL WAGER THE OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF THE FOLKS RIGHT HERE ON LEVERGUNS FEEL THE SAME WAY.
I DO NOT KNOW EXACTLY WHERE THIS SURVEY CAME FROM, WHO PAID FOR IT ALL, NOR WHO PUBLISHED IT FIRST. I AM PRETTY SURE THIS IS A PUT-UP JOB WHICH MAKES IT A PILE OF BLANKETY BLANK PROPAGANDA CRAPOLA.
ON THE OTHER HAND I WAS WRONG ONCE BACK IN ' 66 AND HAVE NOT HEARD THE END OF THAT YET...
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

If someone, some business, posts a survey, look to see who their advertisers are :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

ANOTHER COMMENT : MARLIN, THE LARGEST RIFLE MANUFACTURER , IS NOT MENTIONED.
RUGER, THE LARGEST GUN MANUFACTURER IN THE WORLD [ I THINK...] IS NOT MENTIONED.
Hmmmmmm....grrr....growl....grumble...
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Terry Murbach wrote:ANOTHER COMMENT : MARLIN, THE LARGEST RIFLE MANUFACTURER , IS NOT MENTIONED.
RUGER, THE LARGEST GUN MANUFACTURER IN THE WORLD [ I THINK...] IS NOT MENTIONED.
Hmmmmmm....grrr....growl....grumble...
Kinda sounds a bit biased, don't it?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
NonPCnraRN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by NonPCnraRN »

It could also be skewed by the fact that Winchester/USRAC is no longer making the Model 94 and Model 70, since their favorite choice was not available. To me the M70 Featherweight was the all time rifleman's rifle. It is purely subjective but I always had a soft spot for a slender stock with a straight comb and schnable forend. It was a classic and I'm glad it's back, but not at the time of the survey. I always thought the Model 94 had cleaner lines than the Marlin counterpart but as shooters and ease of tinkering the Marlins are a lot more user friendly. There is no Happy Trigger Kit for the Win 94!
CJM
Levergunner 1.0

Post by CJM »

If this was a internet poll why does it read in percentage of purchases?

Was this a survey of what people thought was the best, what people WANTED, or what people could afford to BUY? I want a lot of stuff that I just can't afford to buy, and don't buy a lot of stuff that I can afford but don't want.