OT: (not firearm) What would you pay for one of these....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CanadianCowboy
Levergunner

OT: (not firearm) What would you pay for one of these....

Post by CanadianCowboy »

kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

If I needed it at the moment to get me out of somewhere, almost anything. I'm just kidding ya. I don't have a clue.
Old Law Dawg
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Half. Nothing more.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

You can get 8000 lb. winches for 400 bucks online, I can't see what makes
this thing worth the price.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

I'd check the 4x4 places as they have winches with cables that go ups to about 12-16K lbs for theat price.
Figure the max load times 1.5 min and look around. Mile Markers are usually not as expensive as other brands
(at least I got a good deal a few years ago).
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

Boy, he is sure a little expensive on that one. Shop around and you can do much, much better!! Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
CanadianCowboy
Levergunner

Post by CanadianCowboy »

it is not a vehicle winch, it is an overhead winch used on small vehicle mounted cranes for lifting, it does not have a free spooling ability, and has electric and mechanical (I think) brakes. They are rated and meet special specifications for being an overhead lift winch.

that was why I was asking what they are worth, I have two, one I know for a fact works and one that may only be good for parts, I got them when my company went to hydraulic winches on our pickers. But without free spooling I am not able to use it on a vehicle, so I was thinking of selling them to finance either a good vehicle winch, or more likely more firearms and reloading equipment :)