Guess What I Did Today... With Lots of Pictures

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Guess What I Did Today... With Lots of Pictures

Post by Hagler »

I went and shoveled some sand on my property, then I went to a local indoor shooting range. They have a few lanes, that are only 25 yard each. I got to work out the EMF 92 that Tycer and Yancey worked over for me. I also got a chance to shoot my Smith & Wesson Model 12-2, made in 1976. Here are some pictures that I took when I got home:

Rossi .357 Magnum 16" barrel @ 25 yards, after elevating rear sight a little:

Model 12-2 M&P Airweight .38 Special @ 7 yards:

I need to drift the Rossi's sights, to center my shots. I did not have a hammer with me at the range, though. Yancey & Tycer did a great job on that rifle. I even got a compliment on it, too. Thank you Yancey & Tycer! :D

The Model 12 is well-worn, but shoots like a new gun. It appears to have seen plenty of hip-carried holster time. The finish is worn in all of the right places for that. The grip screws & the strain screw are full of "crud", and look like they have not been touched in years. ...honest wear & character, plus great function. That is the way a used gun should be. :D

These two guns may be my new outdoors companions.

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Wow! Yep, that wood on the Rossi is GORGEOUS!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Griff,

I did not take too many pics of the Rossi, because I have shown it before. Here are some of the older pictures of the Rossi:

I took all of my shots while standing, without a benchrest, so the photos of today's session show my weaknesses. Both guns are accurate enough for me. I could always do with more practice. :idea:

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

Oh, I see how it is, now. I leave town and then you finally go shooting!!! :evil:

But, seriously, I'm glad to see you had a chance to go throw some slugs downrange. Fine looking pieces, too, by the way.

As for the sights on the Rossi, please don't take a hammer to 'em. Hammers, even brass or plastic ones, and nice rifles don't mix (don't ask me how I know). You need to get you a front sight pusher. Also, be sure to shoot it at 50 yards with a solid rest before deciding to adjust it.

Say hello to Carla for me.

scott
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Scott,

I am sorry about that. :( I have been so concerned about saving money, and sort of micro-managing a few things, that I finally decided that I need to just get out and do a few things that do not cost a lot of money & still allow me to exercise my personallity. I wanted to go to Honey Island gunrange with you, because you can shoot there all day for something like $4.00. Unfortunately, they are open only 3 days a week, and only in good weather. ...and they are far enough out of my way that going there is a chore. ...and our schedules were a little out of synch, too. Then, there is my housing situation... Today, I went to my property to do a little work, then went to F.I.T.S. indoor range for an hour, then went to visit my aunt in the hospital. I do not get to shoot nearly as much as I want to. I cherrish the rangetime that I get, and I had to limit myself to just the two guns I shot today. I can sometimes sneak out back with my Henry & Super Colibris, but it is not the same as using .22LR ammo. Besides, the new bank nextdoor to my trailer is within visiual range of backyard shooting gallery! ...not good for me...

I appreciate your comments on my weapons. They are going to be enjoyed for many years to come. Now, all I need is the elusive powder funnel that I keep ordering, and then I can start reloading for my pair. :roll: :D

I won't hammer on my Rossi. I need to try shooting like a Southpaw, first. I know that my shots go right with my right hand on the trigger, and left when I shoot left-handed. I am the problem. I did not think about that today!

Carla says "HI!" to you, too.

Shawn
ImageImage
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Nice post with pictures :D !The buttstock on that Rossi is a beauty.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

It's about time we got a range report on that trapper! Glad you got to go shoot her. Now go load some ammo and shoot her again.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Those older revolvers are a treat aren't they? Neat revolver! Like the rifle too, of course. Sometimes, you have to shoot when you can. I think we understand that.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Nice Stuff. I always like those model 12s!

8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"