FS - Marlin 1895SS 45-70 Standard Model

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TNBigBore
Levergunner 3.0

FS - Marlin 1895SS 45-70 Standard Model

Post by TNBigBore »

Selling this one for a friend. It is a standard model 1895SS
45-70 w/22" barrel and 1/2 magazine. It was made in the early 1990s and seems to be either a transition model or has upgarded wood. It has Marlin factory checkered walnut stocks. I did not think Marlin used the checkered stocks until the mid 1990s. Anyway, it is in excellent condition and is very smooth. It has a micro groove barrel with a mint bore.

The wood has a few light dings, but all are very small. It has nice grain. The metal is excellent with just a few tiny dings that are very hard to see. Two tiny spots of bluing loss on the top of the back of the receiver.

I have not shot it, but my friend says it like the Winchester Partition Gold 350 grain ammo very well and the new Hornady ammo as well.

$400 shipped for a very nice rifle

I do not have the capability of downloading digital photos, but have given an accurate description. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have about it.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Hey TNBIGBORE
How ya doing?
Love the 357 legacy i bought from you a while back...Shoots great..
But ya got to get a digital camera and and use photobucket to
downlad pics...its easy!
Wish i had some extra cash....
I need a 45-70....
no.... I want a 45-70
Good luck selling it
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Sounds like a good deal!
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Mojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mojo »

That's a good price on a great rifle. I have an 1895ss in the stable with my other .45-70's. It was the rifle that began my love affair with this round. Mine shoots 350 grain Hornady's exceptionally well. This is a great all-around big bore. Short enough for woods hunting yet long enough for distance shooting from a stand. This one will make somebody very happy. Looks good with a Weaver K2.5 on top too.
If you can see the big picture, you are not focusing on your front sight.
lubbockdave
Levergunner

Post by lubbockdave »

bump for good people
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Sounds like a great deal for somebody.
TNBigBore
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TNBigBore »

Thanks for the kind words guys. I have one that is identical, except for the the rifling, that my wife gave to me in 2000. It will shoot the new Hornady ammo into one ragged hole at 50yds and under 1" at 100yds. My friend shot mostly the Winchester 350 grain partition ammo out of this one, and he said it shot very accurately. My friend had an older Weaver K-3 mounted on it, so he may not even know its accuracy potential.

I actually do have a digital camera, but dont have a comp at home, so I am very limited on my downloading capability. I know it is a bother. I will get one soon I hope.
TNBigBore
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TNBigBore »

Rhimfire, Glad to hear you are getting some use out of the Winchester. Have you had a chance to hunt with it yet? It sure was a sweet shooter.
TNBigBore
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TNBigBore »

SOLD pending funds
TNBigBore
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TNBigBore »

Deal fell through, rifle is back up for sale