Mossberg lifter problem

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
biggfoot44
Levergunner

Mossberg lifter problem

Post by biggfoot44 »

Today picked up a WesternField M72 ( Moss M472 with Montgomery Ward private label). The round releases out of mag tube ok, but the lifter doesn't come up, and the bolt tryes to ride over top of the ctg. If I manually put ctg into chamber it will fire and eject.

Is there sothing obvious to look at ?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Mossberg lifter problem

Post by AJMD429 »

Someone will likely pipe up with just the answer shortly, but is that model pretty much like a Marlin 336 internally...?

If so, that may help someone turn up an answer.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
biggfoot44
Levergunner

Re: Mossberg lifter problem

Post by biggfoot44 »

Externally it looks like a M336 with the addition of hammer block safety on the side of the reciever. I Want to think it is similar internally also, but really can't say.

I actually used to own an M472, but it worked reliably, and never had occasion to probe the internals.

( it was extremely accurate, when I concentrated on the poor trigger. This one has very smooth trigger, and I had high hopes.)