.40-65 WCF Ammunition...Cheap..?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

.40-65 WCF Ammunition...Cheap..?

Post by deerwhacker444 »

I was stumbling around on Track of the Wolf and found this.

I don't have a rifle in this chambering, but I know some of you have rifles chamber for this animal, and these seemed like ultra cheap ammo prices, but not sure.

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/categorie ... 65-260-PMC
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
otteray
Levergunner 2.0

Post by otteray »

I bought a box last year for my somewhat oversized bore 40-65 Marlin 1895 and they did hit the pie plate sized target at 100 yards.
For the price, it's a deal; I will buy more when I need some more brass to reload.
The reloads I made ( with the PMC brass) and my cast 310gr bullets over 5744 powder, were very accurate, showing 1" groups at 100 yards from a bench.
otteray
GEOFF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by GEOFF »

That really is a great buy and good to hear the report from Otterray. I was wondering about the quality of the loads. Sounds reasonable. Does anyone know if they were loaded with XMP5744??? Sure want to keep the pressure down with my Marlin 1881.

Sure would be tempted to buy some but I'm not shooting my 1881 near as much since I got my Marlin 1893 .38-55.

Thanks for the info. guys!

Geoff