Humor- why we settled

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Humor- why we settled

Post by 505stevec »

One day Adam was walking with the Lord in the cool of the evening.

Adam asked God "Lord why don't I have a mate? I mean all the other beasts of the field have mates."

God asks Adam "Well thats no problem what would you like?"

Adam replies "I would want a mate that is totally responsive to my needs, always supportive and never argumentive. I would like her to stay beautiful for ever. I would want her to always be in the mood... so to speak. She would cater to my needs for food and not complain about child rearing or house work. She should listen when I talk and not take too much time explaining things to me. I really don't want her to bother me while I am doing other things. How much would that cost me?"

God replied "Whew, that would cost you an arm and a leg"

Adam asked "Well what can I get for a rib?"
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

:lol: :lol: :lol: !
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

:D :D :D

We're simple - we don't ask for much! :wink:

I would add, "one that won't complain when I bring home another levergun!!!" :D
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

Ysabel Kid wrote::D :D :D

We're simple - we don't ask for much! :wink:

I would add, "one that won't complain when I bring home another levergun!!!" :D
Mine goes one step further - this is what she got me for our 25th anniversary 3 years ago - Wincherster 95 Hi Grade in 30-06

All she got was this little ring - and she still thinks she got the best of the deal

Women - gotta love'em !!

:D
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

That is one nice rifle!
Quick Karl

Post by Quick Karl »

Everyone makes fun if this issue but if men were honest they could not deny that women are the single most self-interested creatures God ever created.

Every single thing they do has it's basis on what they can get for it.
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

Quick Karl wrote:Everyone makes fun if this issue but if men were honest they could not deny that women are the single most self-interested creatures God ever created.

Sorry to hear that's your experience - mine is 180 degrees from that but, I suspect I have the best wife in the world. :wink:
505stevec Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:00 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is one nice rifle!

Thanks - it shoots every bit as good as it looks - seems to go through a box of ammo slower than my other rifles 'cause so many shooters at the range stop to admire it - tough life - I hate it !! :wink:
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

I don't mind bragging here. That is a great joke, but I really did get the arm and a leg model.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

OJ wrote:
Quick Karl wrote:Everyone makes fun if this issue but if men were honest they could not deny that women are the single most self-interested creatures God ever created.

Sorry to hear that's your experience - mine is 180 degrees from that but, I suspect I have the best wife in the world. :wink:
+1 OJ, I'd have to argue with you on that - mine is the best! She is the most selfless woman I have ever met. Everything she does is for the kids and I - then the rest of the family - then her friends - and eventually she gets around to worrying about herself. Most mature women (not necessarily measured by age, but by wisdom) are this way.

I'll joke all day long about women, but just joke - mine's the best there is and a keeper (don't understand why she puts up with me though!!!)
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

wives and guns

Post by brucew44guns »

My wife makes very good wages, and she shares her life with me completly. A few years ago we were travelling down a street in a Kansas town near where we live, I told her the dealer had a Br. 71 Carbine N.I.B. in his store. She wanted to see it. We stopped, took a look, she cranked out 795.00 plus the tax and said she wanted to buy my birthday present right then and there. I still have the gun, still have her too. Gotta love that woman.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Ysabel Kid

Re: wives and guns

Post by Ysabel Kid »

brucew44guns wrote:My wife makes very good wages, and she shares her life with me completly. A few years ago we were travelling down a street in a Kansas town near where we live, I told her the dealer had a Br. 71 Carbine N.I.B. in his store. She wanted to see it. We stopped, took a look, she cranked out 795.00 plus the tax and said she wanted to buy my birthday present right then and there. I still have the gun, still have her too. Gotta love that woman.
She's a keeper Bruce!!! :D 8) :D
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

Thanks, guys - sounds like there are a number of us who are luky enough to have totally selfless wives - even though we may joke about women, our wives sacrifice thenselves always for the rest of us and take what's left for themselves.

Mine even lets my 202# dog sit in her lap -

:lol:
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER