Maine GameCam Pix

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Maine GameCam Pix

Post by Old No7 »

No big bucks... :cry:

But these are from my backyard this week, and kind of interesting... So I thought I'd share.

(Note the "year" setting was off, and I need to correct that...)

Here's a snowstorm at night, which is pretty cool:
(Sort of looks like "hyperspace"!)
GameCam 01-03-15 (Small).JPG
And a visitor we had at about 9PM 2 nights later:
GameCam 01-05-15 01 (Small).JPG
Then a bunch more nights later, after midnight, we had this hare visit:
GameCam 01-10-15 01 (Small).JPG
And then over an hour later... The above "visitor" got on the hare's trail:
GameCam 01-10-15 03 (Small).JPG
...I'm thinking I should take an hour tomorrow and follow the tracks in the snow -- just to see what I find! :wink:

Enjoy!

Old No7

ps: Per a new Game Cam Law in Maine, we need landowner's permission to set these out; so for now, it's only setup in my yard. We'll see where it goes come September. (Mine has "no sensitivity" settings, as it's a basic model... Any movement by brush in the viewfinder sets it off.. It works on game, as you can see, but it took over 1,100 images in the last week just to get those pix.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Maine GameCam Pix

Post by Pete44ru »

Yep - I've found some very good deer stand locations by following tracks, of deer I've jumped, in the snow - to define their escape routes.

Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

Wow, 1,100 images! That must have taken some time to look through them. I appreciate the ones you posted. There is definitely a story going on there in the night cold.

I like game camera photos because they give you a little peek at what goes on when no one is looking. I don't own one yet, but I did borrow one once to find out what was tearing up the landscaping in our fenced back yard. Turned out to be raccoons and skunks looking for something to eat.

SHASTA
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Interesting what goes on in the back yard at night, I really should get myself a game cam.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
mav
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mav »

Nice pics. I had a couple that looked like your laser light show! This was my first fall/winter using a trail cam. It is interesting to see what is out there in the dark.

We dumped some rotten apples over the hill and captured this show down. ;-)

I was surprised this guy was still out and about. A lot of acorns this year I guess.

vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

game keeper wrote:Interesting what goes on in the back yard at night, I really should get myself a game cam.
Me, too! But I'm crippled by indecision!!! :? There's SOOOOOO many choices :|
I don't need super high quality (I'm not going to frame them, I just want to look) but I want a good battery life, security (of the camera itself) and long IR range.

By the time I look at models and near a decision, the new models come out and the cycle begins again :D
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Gaucho Gringo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gaucho Gringo »

So, buy the old model you were looking that suits your needs at a discounted price because it is not the latest and greatest.
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

Buy them used on ebay. Now is not a bad time.

I like my Moultrie D-444's, I have 3 of them.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Gaucho Gringo wrote:So, buy the old model you were looking that suits your needs at a discounted price because it is not the latest and greatest.
Don't want the latest and greatest, just one with the right features. Seem like they all have 3 out of 4 (at least what the stores ever have in stock) When looking online, I've yet to find a site that lets me sort out just cameras with the features I want

I've been spending too much time on eBay lately, anyway. Just scared of used electronics....there's usually a reason they're dumping it :(
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

vancelw wrote:Just scared of used electronics....there's usually a reason they're dumping it :(
Then look for new, old-stock. It's out there.
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

Nosy neighbor put a trail cam at my gate. Dog & I usually relieve ourselves after the 300 mile trip as soon as I open the gate.

Neighbor got a pic he didn't expect.

BTW, he did get a pic of another of our neighbors poaching deer inside an area posted, 'No Trespassing'