One FAST semiauto shotgun...!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

One FAST semiauto shotgun...!

Post by AJMD429 »

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: One FAST semiauto shotgun...!

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Now , that`s fast! :shock:
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:Now , that`s fast! :shock:
If the BATFE could figure out how to make Miculek (or a Russian equivalent) "illegal" they would...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Oh yes, Santa PLEASE !.....…. 8)
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

I have a Saiga 12 and have had it for a few years now. Its a great shooting auto shotgun.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Old Ironsights wrote:
Chuck 100 yd wrote:Now , that`s fast! :shock:
If the BATFE could figure out how to make Miculek (or a Russian equivalent) "illegal" they would...
No doubt. :evil:
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

Saigas can shoot well. When they run.

The US imported models often have to be heavily modified to run "right" for 3-gun type work from all I've seen. I've put maybe 30 rounds through a few.

Between mag issues and just getting them to work right...they're not for me. A good one can throw a lot of lead in a hurry though.

The fastest shooting shotgun most will ever see is a Benelli M1 Super 90. In the hands of a trained user, it can fire seven rounds in just about a second and a half, aimed. That's 56 pellets in the air before the first empty hits the ground.

Of course then you're screwed with an empty gun.....but in the throw lots of lead contest, a Benelli typically wins if there isn't a submachine gun around (something like a 900 rpm Mini Uzi).
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

I must beg to differ here. Benelli's are actually kind of slow, and it's pretty easy to outrun them on the trigger. (work the trigger faster than the bolt is cycling and miss the reset.)

I have a short clip of my M2 with a lightened carrier and a bunch of other 'go fast" work done to it lol. I was testing it after having it apart for some work I did. The gun keeps stopping because I'm faster on the trigger than the action is cycling. Again, not hard to do.

http://youtu.be/QtLNZhCDwHw

I know some people are going to say "That's not fast? and the answer is No not really. :D

Edit to add: LMAO... just to clarify, yes the rate of fire at the end of the video is even faster than you said at about 10-11 rounds in just over a second. But there are still plenty of semi auto tube guns faster than the Benelli. ;)
Slow is just slow.
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Yup. With the right finger on the trigger the old Browning A5 will eat a Benelli's lunch for speed. And I'm pretty sure that Winchester's new Super X models and Remington's Versa-Max will too.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

A5 is something I can not shoot fast. Especially not hitting anything, it pushes me all over. :D

I've played with the Win SX3 some, very fast and smooth. Many of the Beretta's are too. None of which really matters, it isn't really useful for anything but gun emptying contests. "Dynamic" shotgun matches are about how fast you can reload them first, how fast you empty them second.
Slow is just slow.
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

I have a Saiga 12 that was modified a bit that runs great and is better for short range than a MP-5. Let a SEAL team shoot a case of rounds through it to break it in with no problems.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is not the critic who counts