O.T. Tulsa Gun Show, anyone Go?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

O.T. Tulsa Gun Show, anyone Go?

Post by Lastmohecken »

I went today. I made it through the show without buying a gun, which is not that often for me, at that show. I did find a couple of Browning Steel Framed BLRs in 358Win, and I sorta wish I had bought one, but I passed, I got them down to $875.00 which I guess is about right for a 358 these days, based on the prices I have seen lately.

Other leveractions seemed really overpriced, in general. So in the end, I just purchased some reloading supplies and some factory reloaded ammo that seemed like a good deal.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I didn't get to make it, had to earn money. Bummer.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

Yep,
Normally, I don't buy anything as prices vs. condition are out of line. This time I had to choose. I'd been looking for a Colt Delta Elite for some time, and was having trouble finding what I wanted....well there were 4 that we found, and one of them came home with me...still in the factory box. I passed on a really nice lo-wall Winchester in 32-20 with lots of finish, and a very nice TD Winchester 55. If I had saved my money for the last couple of minutes Saturday, I would have come home with a Hi-Wall some kid was carrying around in 40-60. Really honest rifle and well cared for...but alas...you can't buy them all..

Ed
cowboykell
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cowboykell »

Kansas Ed - what was the asking price of the 40-60 Hiwall? I bought one at the Las Vegas show for too much ! :oops:
Levergunner 2.0

Post by .45 »

I went Saturday. Actually came home with more money. :shock: :shock: I sold a hand gun and did not find anything I could not live without. At least anything I could afford.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I've been wanting a Delta Elite, that and a Officer's Lightweight. Got to make availability conicide with available funds though...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
SR James
Levergunner

Post by SR James »

Went Saturday, came home with a flintlock. Shoulda bought some new knee joints. Doin' that show in one day kills me. But it's fun!
Tumbleweeds
Levergunner 1.0

Sold a pistol, bought a damascus knife blade and some ammo.

Post by Tumbleweeds »

Best part was spending a whole day with my brother.
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

cowboykell wrote:Kansas Ed - what was the asking price of the 40-60 Hiwall? I bought one at the Las Vegas show for too much ! :oops:
It was either $2K or $2200 asking. But for that caliber and condition it was a very good buy.

Ed