Ruger did it again!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Ruger did it again!!

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I purchased a NIB Ruger RB41W, 7 1/2" Bisley .41 mag. about a month and a half ago. It was flawless in finish and fit was almost perfect. My balloon deflated when I found the front sight had been silver soldered onto the barrel at an angle.
I called Ruger service and the nice lady said, " If it left the factory that way we will fix it for free". Note that this gun is 12 years old.
Well this gun had a very nice finish applied to it and I was concerned that Ruger would replace the barrel and the bluing would be a poor match due to recent production guns having a lesser quality of polishing job than the earlier guns had.
Well my fears were unfounded. Not only did Ruger service repair the front sight, but they did a complete polish and re blue of every part of this gun. A very professional polish and blue it is too. The finish is as close to the finish quality of an early 3 screw
Super BH as I have seen. Not quite but VERY close.
I cost me only to ship it back to them. No issue on a 12 year old gun.
Thank You Sturm Ruger!!!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Ruger did it again!!

Post by AJMD429 »

That's the kind of great customer service the extra few bucks at time of purchase get you.

Although I have to admit the customer service I have received from Rock Island Armory is just as good, and their firearms are at bargain basement prices.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Ignoring all the stuff roll marked on the barrel, they did you an excellent job.

I've noticed over the years Ruger has been positively consistent in their Customer Service. I've had minor issues my two guns I've had, and with friends knowing I'm a kitchen table gunsmith (ha!), I've inherited a couple problem children to fix.

Conversations always go like this:

me: I've got this ZZZ with a broken/bent/snapped/out-of-spec. YYY. What do I need to do?
CS: what's the serial number?
me: It's 123-123456
CS: No problem, part is on its way

And couple days later, a padded envelope arrives and I'm good to go.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Thatn's a keeper!
OLBIKER
Levergunner 1.0

Post by OLBIKER »

Those Bisleys in 41 mag are kind of rare.Nice piece for sure!!! :D
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

BUT, don't EVER send them a 3-screw.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Griff, If you do send a 3 screw, it`s best to remove the old model parts first. They used to return the parts for collector purposes in a bag. I don`t know if that is still the case. :?
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:I purchased a NIB Ruger RB41W, 7 1/2" Bisley .41 mag. about a month and a half ago. It was flawless in finish and fit was almost perfect. My balloon deflated when I found the front sight had been silver soldered onto the barrel at an angle.
I called Ruger service and the nice lady said, " If it left the factory that way we will fix it for free". Note that this gun is 12 years old.
Well this gun had a very nice finish applied to it and I was concerned that Ruger would replace the barrel and the bluing would be a poor match due to recent production guns having a lesser quality of polishing job than the earlier guns had.
Well my fears were unfounded. Not only did Ruger service repair the front sight, but they did a complete polish and re blue of every part of this gun. A very professional polish and blue it is too. The finish is as close to the finish quality of an early 3 screw
Super BH as I have seen. Not quite but VERY close.
I cost me only to ship it back to them. No issue on a 12 year old gun.
Thank You Sturm Ruger!!!

I just don't see value wise how you can beat a Ruger.
I mean look at that gun, beautiful. And the way they just role back pleasantly when shooting them they are a joy.
In my simple mind , about as good as it gets. I like it a lot. Good looking weapon. And, in .41 mag extra cool. :mrgreen:
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

madman4570 , Thanks and I agree 1,000% !!! Not to mention that Ruger will take care of you.

If you took almost anything back after 12 years,even if you never used it, and asked to have it taken care of for free, you would see a long line of people laughing their guts out at you.

A side note. Ruger has no warranty at all, it says so in the owners manual. Warranty's cause legal issues and the government gets involved with laws and such. Ruger don`t play that game!
They just take care of you and leave the lawyers and law makers out of it.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:madman4570 , Thanks and I agree 1,000% !!! Not to mention that Ruger will take care of you.

If you took almost anything back after 12 years,even if you never used it, and asked to have it taken care of for free, you would see a long line of people laughing their guts out at you.

A side note. Ruger has no warranty at all, it says so in the owners manual. Warranty's cause legal issues and the government gets involved with laws and such. Ruger don`t play that game!
They just take care of you and leave the lawyers and law makers out of it.
Ruger by doing so is an absolutely brilliant Company. They save money, take fine care of customers, and focus on keeping their company on top of their game. What a fine benchmark for the rest of the companies out there to follow suit.
Also they are brilliant because of how they design and build their fine guns! I don't care how much you spend that gun is a true keeper and then some. yep, gosh that is a pretty gun! :wink: And extremely rugged with lots of power!
:mrgreen:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Wow! 8)