Kifaru Arms...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Kifaru Arms...

Post by cshold »

shooter
Senior Levergunner

Re: Kifaru Arms...

Post by shooter »

That is kinda cool....but the price tag!!! :shock: However, I do love lightweight, compact and versatile firearms, and from that angle it is very appealing. I would have to get used to not having a full stock under the barrel, though.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

I think it would be a good fit rifle for the guy that wants to unload his heard to get down to just one really good 'scoped hunting rifle'. You really can’t beat the weight, compact ability and versatility of a rifle like this.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

For the person who wants to go out and live off of the land for a while, I can see the point. For me, it is not necessary, and too expensive for what little time I put in out in the field.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

I'm a travelling salesman in the bush up here. Guns like this really appeal to me. They fit in a suitcase for us motel residents.

Also the gun case can be made to look like a surveyors transit case and they are everywhere around here. Nothing shouts steal me like a gun case in a motel parking lot or room. This prompted me to buy my Winoku 32-20 takedown for far too much money. I sure like my 32 Special pre-64 94 but thought long and hard about a Winoku 94 takedown with angle eject. I found 24" to be about the practical limit for my suitcase inside dimension however.

I recently bought a CZ527 223 lefty as my first bolt in many years. I got to wondering if a guy couldn't just pull the action screws for a takedown? I realize the implications regarding stock and action pressure differences but properly bedded it should be well within any hunting standard for return of zero? Certainly there must be a little wander from such a complicated setup as this above.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Weird looking to the point of a kinda cool factor.
I'm thinking my Cal. choice would be .223 for all around versatility.

BrentD

Post by BrentD »

Why the two bolts?