OT:Freedom Arms mini revolvers and belt buckles

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

OT:Freedom Arms mini revolvers and belt buckles

Post by hfcable »

as i recall the first year the mini revolver came out, someone, i believe with freedoms blessing, made up special buckles that would hold the little standard mini revolver. they were fancy custom southwestern style buckles.....being cheap i got the standard buckle and the mini gun with 22 mag and 22 lr cylinders [or maybe the reason i didn't get the fancy buckle was that i wanted the magnum...dont remember]. i used to live near freedom and had an ffl and got my mini [ and my 454's] the first month they were available, picked them up at the factory myself.
the standard buckle requires the revolver to have a little pin in its left side, though they give you a screw to replace the pin, for routine carry. here is this one:

one day, a few years ago, a friend called to say that a pawn shop here in anchorage had just gotten a freedom arms mini with the fancy buckle, but by the time i got there the little mini was sold, but they still had the buckle, which i bought; this buckle works with any standard 22 lr mini, the frame and cylinder on the magnum are too big for this buckle; it does not use the pin, just uses a cross piece and cut out, and barrel pin, to retain the mini:

i wonder if this buckle with work with the NAA mini? anybody want to sell a freedom mini or NAA mini?
cable
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Why not get the "Companion" Cap & Ball Mini? It's not even considered a "gun".... :twisted:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

OI, i have thought about that, in fact i used to have the freedom percussion mini revolver they called a boot gun, with the longer barrel....the manual even you could even said you could load it with 1 gr of bullseye as i recall, but i would like to get a 22 lr that fits this buckle, or maybe sell the buckle to someone who has one.
cable
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

R U sure that the fancy buckle, although made to fit a mini, is actually made by/for FA ?

FA made sure to have their brand name prominently displayed on the standard buckle - but there's nothing to be seen in your pic of the fancy one, where the public would see also see it.
Is the reverse marked ?
Grizzly Adams
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Grizzly Adams »

Nice buckle. Looks a lot like the buckles the Navajo make.
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet!
COMNAVFORV, Vietnam 68-70
NRA Life, SASS Life, Banjo picking done cheap!

Quyana cekneq, Neva
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

That purty. Wouldn't be no need in me buyin it till I finish my year at Weight Watchers though.

Nobody could see the buckle. well maybe in my Sunday clothes, they could.

Hey, that a new idea when I've lost all my weight. A Belt buckle and gun. I bet that's a goal they never heard of at Weight Watchers.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

Pete44ru wrote:R U sure that the fancy buckle, although made to fit a mini, is actually made by/for FA ?

FA made sure to have their brand name prominently displayed on the standard buckle - but there's nothing to be seen in your pic of the fancy one, where the public would see also see it.
Is the reverse marked ?
you are right but as i recall these were available but done by someone else but i think you could order them thru freedom arms.
cable