RV question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

RV question

Post by jnyork »

We are looking at buying a used RV in which I will be transporting and storing lever guns, and have found a few that might have promise. On almost all of them, the decorative decals on the sides are peeling and curling at the edges and look like crapp. Anyone know of an easy, non-destructive way to remove these things, they are on there pretty good. Thanks
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Re: RV question

Post by octagon »

Naphtha wil take decals off with a little elbow grease. Might tape a naphtha soaked paper towel on the decal overnite if it is real tough. Always works for me. Use gloves, it is a known carcinogen. You can use Ronswick lighter fluid, (for a zippo lighter) it is naphtha, or get a big can from the hardware store. If the decals are huge, try a heat gun or hair dryer with no naphtha, to melt the adhesive, and naphtha will take off the residue.
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Stan in SC »

Try quick start. It is ether. Goo Gone may do it.

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
m.wun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by m.wun »

R V = Redneck Vacation!!!!
What in the wild world of sports is going on here
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I'd be tempted to let the outside be - the seedy look might make the RV look less attractive to curious thieves.

Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Drop by a few of the local body shops for a recommendation as to what to use??
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

WD-40 might soak thru, and remove them.....A hair dryer, or heat gun set on low might do the trick, too.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

BlaineG wrote:WD-40 might soak thru, and remove them.....A hair dryer, or heat gun set on low might do the trick, too.
Try heat first. A hair dryer is just fine. Then use the solvents to remove the residue without having to penetrate the decal itself.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

vancelw wrote:
BlaineG wrote:WD-40 might soak thru, and remove them.....A hair dryer, or heat gun set on low might do the trick, too.
Try heat first. A hair dryer is just fine. Then use the solvents to remove the residue without having to penetrate the decal itself.
Yep...Mo Betta...
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
mack
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mack »

By GBlaine! Don't use heat after trying naphtha or starting fluid!
I like the idea of leaving it ratty on the outside, stick a few "anti-(hunt, gun, fur)" stickers on it, and don't forget the " O and Uncle Joe" campaign bumper sticker. Maybe you will be able to transport your family and its equipment in peace.