Fulton Amory

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Fulton Amory

Post by getitdone1 »

Thanks to MrMurphy for mentioning Fulton Amory regarding the M-14 and M1A. Here's their website and know those of you who have not visited it will be glad you did.

http://www.fulton-armory.com/fultonarmo ... 1-1-1.aspx

Lots more at that website than just the M1A! The M-1 Carbine, the M-1 Garand and the FAR. All very interesting and tempting!

Pricey is right but you know the saying: "You get what you pay for."

Now--just how good are these guns and how does the Springfield version of the M1A stack-up against the Fulton Amory version?

Gonna leave here and check-out YouTube for any Fulton Amory videos.

MrMurphy: Thanks again for leading me, and others here, to this website. It would appear that these guns cannot be beat for quality and reliability. I certainly hope this is true.

I guess I had the name wrong with M1A1 and that is a version of the M-1 Carbine. Is this right?

Don
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Fulton Amory

Post by AJMD429 »

I like their Garand Scout...

http://www.fulton-armory.com/fultonarmo ... 1-2-1.aspx

I do have a 'Tanker' Garand and might just spend any Christmas money I get on the handguard, and sort of make my own 'Garand Scout' rifle.

http://www.fulton-armory.com/handguardr ... trail.aspx
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

The M1A1 is the paratrooper model of the M-1 carbine.

Springfield couldn't call their rifle the M14 for some reason, so they called it the M-1A (as opposed to the M-1 Garand).

I'm no M14 expert, but the guys I know who've been match shooters with them generally seem to hold FA in high regard. Springfields can match them, but with more work and parts swapping from what I remember. The M14 design was never intended for supreme accuracy though. They can be made to be one-hole accurate at crazy distances, the problem is keeping them that way.

In that, the AR design is more modular and easier to accurize and keep accurate.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I have done business with Fulton Armory on numerous occasions. They are a class act. Both my M1A's are Springfield Armory inc. but are older so have more G.I. parts than nowadays. My son is getting ready for his first M1A and I advised him to get an 18" Fulton Armory.
I myself use my 18" barrel one way more than the 22". No matter which one you buy, they are wonderful rifles. I've carried and shot mine more than any other military-type semi auto I've tried.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Post by getitdone1 »

What about the Fulton FARs? Are they as reliable as the M1A? Believe I read they are a little more accurate.

Are the 5.56 and .308 FARs equal in reliability and accuracy?

Don
missionary5155
Levergunner 3.0

Post by missionary5155 »

Greetings
I have a M1A Fulton receiver filler with GI parts and it has worked fine for 15 years. I have not "tortured" it to destruction so have no idea on longevity. But It is part of a "Bug out" pack sitting somewhere in the US of A. I will happily trust it for any future mishaps if I can get bck to in time.
Mike in Peru
A sinner saved by FAITH in the Blood of Jesus Christ &teaching God´s Word in Peru. John 3:36
Tanker 71-74 NRA Life Ready to Defend the Constitution from enemies within and without.
kragluver
Levergunner 2.0

Post by kragluver »

I have one of their AR's (the M4 clone). I've been very happy with it. Mine has the match barrel but I do not have a float tube on it. It is a 1.5MOA rifle. Very happy with it.