looking for a Gunsmith

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
OLBIKER
Levergunner 1.0

looking for a Gunsmith

Post by OLBIKER »

I want to have a 336 re chambered to 30/30 AI.Can anybody recommend a Gunsmith with a reasonable turn around time and prices??Thanks,OB
missionary5155
Levergunner 3.0

Re: looking for a Gunsmith

Post by missionary5155 »

Howdy
I have used John Taylor for several barrel projects and can recommend him. call for backlog and price.. 253 445 4073 Mike in Peru
A sinner saved by FAITH in the Blood of Jesus Christ &teaching God´s Word in Peru. John 3:36
Tanker 71-74 NRA Life Ready to Defend the Constitution from enemies within and without.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Jesse at 35caliber.com
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I thought the rechambering from 30-30 to 30-30-AI was just a matter of a few hand-twists with a reamer in a gun like a 336, where you have access to the chamber without removing the barrel. If that is the case it could be a candidate for a do-it-yourself project for the cost of a reamer and headspace gauge. Might be able to rent both of those, even.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "